On Saturday June 26th we had the great privilege of celebrating Brayden's baptism. It was so great to have so many family members come and celebrate with us. My parents were able to come from NJ, my brother and his little family came from UT, and my sister and her hubby came from WY. We also happened to be able to have Jim and Lucy, my other grandparents, be there too. Jeremy's parents and grandma were also able to come and be with us. We have been looking forward to this day for many months. We are so proud of Brayden and his decision to be baptized, and we are thankful for all of the family and friends that came to support him. We had a great program that included a talk by Grandma Kato about baptism. She talked about all of the little steps we take before we get baptized and how Brayden had been preparing for this day for a long time. We had a musical number by Audri and Makenna. They sang the song "Baptism" and did a great job. It was so sweet of them to sing for their brother's program (and I am sure they would have done it without the bribe of new paints...) Then Brayden was baptized by Jeremy. I can't quite describe what it felt like to see them down in the water. I was just so grateful to have a son who was excited about this next step and how awesome it is to have a husband who honors his priesthood and is worthy to do this for our children. While we were waiting for them to get dried off, we had a short lesson presented by the full time missionaries of our ward. Elder Liljenquist and Elder Daniels did a great job, and they are really great missionaries. They taught Brayden the discussions and it was really good to have them in our home. Grandma Fowler gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost when the boys came back. She helped to remind us of the gift that we have been given and ways that we can feel it in our lives. Then Brayden was given the gift of the Holy Ghost, again by Jeremy, but also surrounded by all of the great men in his life: Grandpa Fowler, Grandpa Kato, Uncle Tyler, Uncle Kendall, Great Grandpa Jim, and some great friends from the ward: Michael Taylor, Russ Hokanson (who also conducted the meeting) and Bishop Nicholson. It was a big circle of loving friends and family. We had beautiful weather, and afterwards we headed home to hang out and eat pizza. What a wonderful day, don't think it could have gone more perfectly!

Dad and Brayden

So hard to believe I have an 8 year old!

All 4 of my beautiful babies.
Brayden and Grandma and Grandpa Fowler
Everyone who loves Brayden!

Standing outside afterwards. Makenna fell asleep during the program!

My side of the family. We don't get all together very often. It was great to have them all here!

All of us pointing at the guest of honor. I love his hands in his pockets!

A candid, getting a group together for pictures is HARD work. Thanks Carrie, for taking our pics! (I love how Audri thinks she has to help Brayden smile)
So hard to believe I have an 8 year old!
All 4 of my beautiful babies.
Everyone who loves Brayden!
Standing outside afterwards. Makenna fell asleep during the program!

My side of the family. We don't get all together very often. It was great to have them all here!

All of us pointing at the guest of honor. I love his hands in his pockets!

A candid, getting a group together for pictures is HARD work. Thanks Carrie, for taking our pics! (I love how Audri thinks she has to help Brayden smile)
4 comments:
Great pictures, It's so exciting and special when your own kids get Baptized, Congratulations to Brayden. I'm so happy your family got to be here for it!
It was a very special baptism, I'm glad Kenna fell asleep after she and Aubdri sang. Great seeing all your family, love the big smiles on Braydens face!
Oh I loved that we got to be there. What a special occassion. We are proud of Brayden too! Sheesh, I almost cried at the baptism myself and he's not even my son! haha You have a wonderful family and we love them! ♥
I"m SO behind in my blog reading! What a wonderful post. It seems like yesterday that it was Brian's baptism day, and he will be 22 next week! Brayden is adorable and so blessed to have such a loving extended family. And, I ADORE the new photo in your header!! XXOOXXOO girlfriend!
Post a Comment