Monday, June 14, 2010

The Days of May

What? It's June? Seriously? I feel like I am not giving enough time to each individual event, but then I feel like I will never get around to spending 'enough time' on whatever it is I want to blog about, so I am just going to meet in the middle and summarize and get it down...it's better than nothing. The months of April and May are busy busy in our house. April has my birthday and Audri's birthday. May has Jeremy's birthday, mother's day, and Brayden's birthday. Aside from mother's day (which was really great by the way. I was treated like a queen and Jeremy got me a pair of Reebok easy tones-I think it was the first time I was surprised by something he's given me ;) this post is all about the boys:

JEREMY
Happy May 4th birthday! The big 33. We are pretty low-key with birthdays around our house, so, Jeremy worked and requested a dinner of Papa-Murphy's Pizza. More like a present for me! He also requested cheesecake, so I stepped out of the box and tried my hand a chocolate-caramel cheesecake. It looked pretty, that's for sure. It tasted ok. I'm not sure I will make it again though. We had a back up of going to Baskin Robbins in case of a complete fail :) His birthday was so exciting, I can't even remember what we gave him now that it's been a month and a half ago :( I think he got some clothes-yippee, some targets, and a new man bag. Good thing he's so easy going. I am so lucky to be married to him-he puts up with a lot from me, happy birthday Jeremy!

So, Jeremy's making this face because he's opening a present that I had wrapped in the same box that his parent's had put his present in the day before!

This is just a funny face :)

His best presents of all

BRAYDEN
So, I hear it's pretty great to be 8! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? 8 years ago, I started my lifetime job of being a mommy. I don't think I could have asked for a better way to start out. Brayden is such a blessing in our home. This last year he has really started to, I want to say 'blossom' but that's not very manly, but it's true. He was on the student council at school-he got that position because he was voted there, everyone in his class loves him. He is quite the reader. He helps out at home, and he loves his baby brother so much. Brayden pretty much has a perfect day if Ian is awake before he leaves for school. I am so impressed by all that he has learned. We have been having the missionaries over to give Brayden lessons before he gets baptized. He knows SO much! I am so proud of him. For his birthday he wanted chocolate chocolate cake. We saw a recipe for 'lave cupcakes' on the back of the box (cause that's how we do cakes at our house!) and he decided he wanted to try them. They turned out great (but again Baskin Robbins was the back up in case of a fail, lol) I think the favorite thing he got for his birthday was his Sea Monkeys. It is funny how long all of the kids will sit and stare at them! He also got some Lego's, dinosaur stuff, books, and some video games. I think it was a pretty successful birthday! He also had his best friend Jack and friend Reilly come over the next Saturday for a trip to McDonald's and the park. We lucked out and it was the first sunny day in like 2 weeks, so the park was heavenly after being cooped up for so long. Sure wish I would have taken some pics-maybe this is why I have a hard time blogging?
Not gang signs. 8 fingers

Did anyone notice how clever I am, that I shaped the cupcakes into an 8? ;) Again, NOT gang signs

The beloved Sea Monkeys

Lucky thing Jeremy got one pic on his phone of all the kids at the park!

IAN
6 Months! 6 Months! Yep, as much as I didn't want it to happen, it did. Lucky for him he rolled over FOR THE FIRST time one day before he turned 6 months. I was getting worried he had too much mass to get himself over! He is such a blessing of a baby. So happy. He will give the biggest gummy grin to anyone who makes eye contact. His 6 month stats confirmed what we all knew: he's huge. weighing in at 19 lbs and 27 inches he is by far our biggest baby (perspective: all three of the others were BARELY 20 lbs at one year. They went forward facing illegally) He is in 12 month clothes. *sigh* my baby is not really the size of a baby anymore! Poor little Ian has struggled with eczema for a few months now. We've tried just about everything. He's had prescriptions and lotions you name it. I am chalking it up to the weather, and it comes and goes. I just hope it goes for good, or at least mostly goes soon.


He looks like this 95% of the time

I'm gonna get'cha!

Much loved by everyone in the house-especially Audri

7 comments:

Julyssa Schenk said...

so, so, so adorable ... especially that gummy smile. Ooooh, what wouldn't I give to take his pictures !!!! Cute family update!

Nanci said...

First of all, kuddos to you for blogging in the first place. I don't know if I will ever get around to posting again. Your kids are cute and I love that Ian can smile so good for the camera.

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

your kids are so dang cute, I know I say that a lot but hey they are. mmm those cup cakes look so dang good too!

Kelly said...

I can't get enough of that little guy so cute! I'm talking about Ian not Jeremey by the way! Glad you get a break from birthdays for awhile~! Brayden is a sweetheart, you still look to young to have an eight year old!

Mandy said...

Sweet pictures! Happy Birthday to Jeremy and Braden!

TD Quong said...

Those are some really fantastic faces on Jeremy. I love Brayden's fingers (not gang signs) haha and the cupcakes look amazing! And Ian is such a big boy sitting up on his own! And rolling over. WOW. I am very proud of that little man!

TD Quong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.