Monday, May 17, 2010

April: A medley

*cough* *cough* ummm...hello? is this thing still on? It's uh, MAY for crying out loud! Sure wish someone would update this darn thing! oh, wait, that's my job. We had a crazy busy April, well actually just a crazy beginning of April and then we spent the last two weeks trying to recover. I will get to more in depth coverage of our big events (really, I will, I am trying to be more goal minded) But here is a snap shot of what our month looked like:

Easter
This holiday seemed to kind of sneak up on us this year. We colored eggs, but didn't make it to any egg hunts this year. The kids didn't seem to mind, or notice so who am I to feel guilty? It was a little different not going to church on this special day because it happened to fall on general conference weekend, but we had a great day hanging out as a family and listening to our church leaders. We went to Jeremy's grandma's for dinner and it as super yummy!

so, I read this trick about having little ones put their eggs to be colored inside a wire whisk. Can I just say GENIUS. Made things so much easier for Makenna


I turn *gasp* 30
Had to happen sooner or later. It happened for me on April 5. I had a great day. Went to lunch with some of my bestest friends (we splurged and went to McDonald's!) came home and gave myself permission to not to a darn thing all afternoon. Jeremy provided a yummy dinner of chinese with a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake for dessert. I was spoiled and got the New Moon DVD, and a new mini video camera! I have yet to upload some of those videos...but it will happen-eventually! It was also nice for Jeremy's parents to come and celebrate too...I was truly pampered and spoiled all day.


My baby sister got married:

She did it. And we did it. Drive from Portland to Salt Lake to Casper (Wyoming) and back to Portland. All in-wait for it-6 days. Throw in there a wedding, a reception, and a little (and I mean little, sure wish we had more time!) visit with the cousins and you get one whirlwind of a vacation. It was good though. The temple was beautiful. My sister looked gorgeous. The kids were angels. I got to spend time with my family. I got to hold my nephew (who is also super cute btw). It was A LOT of time in the car, but it was definitely worth it, and I dare say, I would do it again. (there will be lots more pics to come later)

Me, my sister Ashley, and my brother Tyler


Audri Mei turned 6!
On April 12, 1 day after spending 18 hours straight in the car, Audri turned 6. It is so crazy to think that she now needs two hands to show people how old she is. I can't believe it. We are so lucky to have Audri in our family. She is a great sister to Brayden, Makenna, and Ian. The drive to UT and back would have been unbearable if it weren't for her willingness to feed Ian and make sure he had the things he needed while we were driving. She is a great student and I cannot believe how great a reader she is. She amazes me every day. She loves to sing and be silly and is working hard on her piano. She's like a teenager already though, she was happy to get the Taylor Swift CD, a butterfly necklace, some new earrings, and some cute shirts. Happy Happy Brithday Audri!


So, that was just the first TWO WEEKS of April. The rest was pretty uneventful. We did make a trip to the Tulip Festival-but there are far too many good pictures and that will have to be it's own post.

5 comments:

TD Quong said...

Love it! Love the update and the pix! Love your family and love you too! ;)

Unknown said...

how fun! love your pictures! And yes you look beautiful for turn 30 and having 4 kids! how do you do it?

Kelly said...

What a wonderful suprise a new post! Everybody looks great all dressed up at the wedding I love the girls dresses and the boys in their vests! Using the whisk for dying eggs is a brillant idea, we didn't even let our 3 year olds dye eggs!

KatieB said...

that was a crazy two weeks! no wonder you need to recover. i have yet to attempt a long car drive with my children. someday it's inevitable though...

Nicole said...

yay for turning 30, yay for your sister, yay for audri and yay for updating!!! fun to see the recent family pics. hope to see you guys soon!