So, I accomplished one major goal for the year: 31 straight posts in the month of January! Yay for me (and Carrie!) Some days may not have been too exciting but they were done...(and no cheating with changing the date etc) I REALLY REALLY didn't want to post today, just because I didn't have to ;) but my desire to keep up with my goal writing down won out! So, for last week:
So, goals for
1/25/10 :
- Read my lessons (I should be able to catch up RS since it's a 5th Sunday)
- Start, maybe finish one book
- Gym. No certain day amount this week. Just to go
- Cook dinner (after my dad leaves)
- Pick another room to organize
- Dust thoroughly
- Start a craft project I've been wanting to
So, this week was about halfway successful. I read a lesson, went to the gym (even though it was only once), started a book (didn't get too far, but I did start), and made dinner-actually we ate at home every night since my dad left. I didn't get to the dusting, but I did start a project I've been wanting to.
So, goals for this week
2/1/10:
- House needs total cleaning. (this may take all week)
- Read Sunday lessons
- Vacuum the car
- Read
- Finish a book
- Cook dinner at home
- Go to the gym
I am beginning to notice that my goals look a like from week to week. Which is good...cause that means I am working on things that are important to me everyday...not just some really big random one. So...here's to having a good week!
7 comments:
Nice job, Selena!
32-days in a row has got to be a record!
Your doin awesome on your goals..keep it up! I like to see your list cuz it gives me good ideas of what I should be doin!
I wanted to do a post last night but I was feeling too yucky. That was disappointing. :( Yay for you and your goals! I'm proud of you!
Great Job! You are doing awesome and it's been so fun to read your creative posts!
So I've been thinking a lot because of your goal posts (haha, no pun intended) and you really helped me out. I had very different ideas about motherhood than how it's turned out to be--I thought I'd make dinner every night, have a sparkling house, bake cookies, have a perfectly content and clean baby, and really settle into being a homemaker. But that is NOT how it is! Even with the best intentions, somedays I do not do anything, or at least it feels that way. And I've been pretty down on myself because I feel like I haven't accomplished much and I don't feel like I'm a good mom or wife.
SO, the point is, I'm glad that you've posted your goals (and also followed up on what goals were done) because your goals weren't huge or life-altering--they were just normal things that you wanted to do. And sometimes not everything got done and it's OKAY. I think I just needed reassurance that it's okay to not do it all. And because I think you're a great mom and wife and you have it all together, it made me feel a LOT better. Basically, thanks for posting your goals and what you did get done and didn't. I hope this is coming across right--but it's just nice to know that someone that I admire doesn't always get it all done either. And I like your idea. I might just have to copy you and do weekly goals as well. :) Thanks Selena.
1. i miss your daily posts
2. Dominique is not a bad wife or mother.
3. i miss your daily posts
ps. i found the best lip gloss today!!
I love your goal of posting every day, it was fun to see what stuff you came up with and to FINALLY get caught up! Ian is so adorable, but of course so are all your kids!
Post a Comment