Sunday, January 31, 2010

I consider myself lucky...

I've talked about the kids. I've talked about myself. But I've yet to talk about my other half. I know that everyone thinks they've got a great husband, but I KNOW that I do. Take today for example:
  1. He fed the kids breakfast
  2. He did the girls hair
  3. He negotiated with Makenna to get out of the car without her chapstick
  4. He gave a great talk in church (even if I didn't really hear most of it due to distractions)
  5. He loaded the kids back into the car.
  6. Kept them all busy (including putting up with a very cranky Makenna) while I took an hour nap.
  7. Made dinner (while I messed tried to be crafty)
  8. Cleaned up dinner
  9. Played Uno-Moo with Kenna
  10. Nursed Audri with her never ending bloody nose
  11. Tucked the kids into bed
  12. And is currently getting Ian ready for bed while I type away.
And this is just today. This is not even mentioning how hard he works, how he serves in his calling, puts up with my hormones and weird impulses. I am so blessed to have such a great companion. I know I am one lucky girl-the kids have a great daddy and I have a pretty great husband.

I love you Jeremy!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

AW!!!! You are pretty lucky and he did do great on his talk today. My question is... if he's putting Ian to bed right now, how does he nurse him? (sorry, I couldn't help it)

Deon said...

ahhhh Trek photo!! Is that the trek out here?? These are great photos and great points about KATO. Just made me miss you all more!! He is a wonderful man and example to all.

Kelly said...

Awwwww, you saved the best for last. He is a great guy and you are very lucky. I should do better focusing on all the things my better half does do, rather than doesn't do (:

Marisa said...

Wow, that's impressive!!! I love the picture of Jeremy pointing to his name on his lab coat - it cracks me up every time I hear Carson call in a prescription and say "This is Dr. Calderwood," I still can't believe it! I haven't been on your actual site in a while (thanks to the awesome google reader) and I really like the header with your adorable kids and the picture of you on the side! You have been an amazing blogger in 2010!

Mandy said...

What a sweet post, it made me tear up. You are very blessed to have such a loving supportive husband, who is so helpful. I love the Trek picture! I need to focus on what a great guy my husband is too:)

TD Quong said...

Yay for good husbands!! You got a good one. ;)