Wow, another year has come and gone...and I was a SEVERE blogger slacker in 2009. Well, that stops NOW. I don't know what I was thinking when my friend Carrie was saying how one of her New Year's goals was to post to her blog everyday in January even if it was short or even just one word, and I not being able to keep my mouth shut said, 'YES! I will do it with you!' Um...I don't think she was asking for a buddy to help her along, but I volunteered anyway. And here I am. My first blog post of the new year. My first blog post of 2010. And hopefully the start of a goal I will actually accomplish. (and truthfully, I would have already failed had Carrie not texted me and reminded me to blog, lol!!)
We started the year right surrounded by much loved friends. We counted down and watched the ball drop and cringed when Dick Clark kissed his wife (I hope it was his wife!). We spent the night playing games, eating food, talking, cuddling babies, and listening to kids play play play! Quite an enjoyable way to begin a new year I think.
We will go on Monday to say goodbye to Jeremy's Great Grandpa. He passed away this morning peacefully, after living a long life, he was 100-would have turned 101 on January 24th. He is the last one of his immediate family to leave this earth, and I can only imagine the reception he was given by those loved ones who had passed so long ago and have been anticipating his return. Not a bright, happy cheery (for those of us who will miss him here on earth, anyway) start to the year, but one that is good still.
2009 was a memorable year for us. We went from one school aged kid to two and a preschooler. We visited family in UT we went camping with friends. We even saw fit to expand the fam by adding kid #4! Our kids have kept us laughing and happy, and we are excited to see what they can do in this next year to top the last.
Sooo...consider this the beginning of a year of good things! Hope everyone has one last good weekend with their families before it is back to the daily routine Monday.
We will go on Monday to say goodbye to Jeremy's Great Grandpa. He passed away this morning peacefully, after living a long life, he was 100-would have turned 101 on January 24th. He is the last one of his immediate family to leave this earth, and I can only imagine the reception he was given by those loved ones who had passed so long ago and have been anticipating his return. Not a bright, happy cheery (for those of us who will miss him here on earth, anyway) start to the year, but one that is good still.
2009 was a memorable year for us. We went from one school aged kid to two and a preschooler. We visited family in UT we went camping with friends. We even saw fit to expand the fam by adding kid #4! Our kids have kept us laughing and happy, and we are excited to see what they can do in this next year to top the last.
Sooo...consider this the beginning of a year of good things! Hope everyone has one last good weekend with their families before it is back to the daily routine Monday.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
1 comment:
YAY for us!!! We rock!
Post a Comment