Thursday, December 10, 2009

He's Here! He's Here!

(well, he's been here for a few weeks, but we are now getting around to posting!)

Ian James Kato November 14th, 2009
9 lbs 5 oz 20 inches
I was hoping to get induced on Monday November 16th, but Ian had other plans. He came on his own Saturday the 14th, as much as I tried to deny that it was happening. Happily though, it was a GREAT experience. Got to the hospital with plenty of time for an epidural, which worked awesome. I joked with the nurse that it was the best I had felt in 3 months! We got to the hospital around 9 am and he was born at 1pm. They even let Jeremy deliver him! We were all in shock when they put his chubby little self on the scale...a 9 lb baby!!! (and he was 1 week early!) He looked so huge and chunky! Even though he was so big, he was BY FAR the easiest delivery I have had.
The kids weren't able to come visit at the hospital because of all the visitor restrictions due to H1N1, and Audri had a really hard time with it. Not so much cause she missed me, but because she wanted to see her new baby. We were kind of dorky and brought the kids to the outside window and a pair of binoculars which seemed to appease them a little (and the fact that they spent most of the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa getting spoiled:)

We have had him home for almost 4 weeks now, and he is THE BEST BABY! Great eater, Great pooper, and a pretty Great sleeper-can't ask for much else! People say he looks like Jeremy, and I can't say for sure, but he definitely is a Kato--with my cheeks!


We all agree that he is a pretty good addition to our family! We love him and can't remember what it's like to not have him around!

13 comments:

Carrie said...

YAY! Love him! Now, I know I might be pushing it but *whispering* you gotta update your sidebar info too!!!

amanda said...

awwwww! He is so precious. I just want to pinch him all over! Congrats!

I love the feeling that you can't remember what it was like without him.

Marisa said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby! I wonder if my hospital will be the same with the swine flu, I'll have to ask!

Kelly said...

Those cheeks are the best he is so adroble and such a sweetie. So glad the delivery went so well!Your family does seem much more complete! Congrats.

Christine said...

Oh, he is SO cute!! Congrats to you all!!

s g said...

wow, a 9 lb babe came out of tiny you?? congrats!!! what a cutie, and I am so glad he is an easy baby so far :). my guy is 6 months and I am loving his chubs and cuddles...glad the kids love him too!

Deon said...

I got to hold 1, 2, and 3. When do I get to hold #4??? He is perfect, as they all are. xxooxxoo

Nanci said...

He is cute! I cannot believe you had such a big boy inside of you. He's adorable. (I don't feel so bad for not posting either) That is hilarious about bringing the baby to the window. You do what you have to do to please those anxious kids.

Mandy said...

He's just perfect! Your family looks so happy and the kids love him already!

KatieB said...

he is so precious! glad bigger didn't equal worse delivery for you. your family looks so happy in that picture! too cute!

Jacquie said...

Glad your big lil butterball was just the right size for your Thanksgiving delivery. We Welcome baby 4 with lots of love, hugs and kisses!

Nicole said...

oh my goodness, he is adorable! just fits right in with the rest of your kids :). so glad things went well this time. hope to see you soon!

TD Quong said...

Yes, you can TOTALLY see Jeremy in him. He is definitely a Kato! And what a welcome addition! I just love him already. He's stinking cute!!
PS--the brown blanket he's laying on--is that your bedspread? SO cute!
I'm so glad our babies will be BEST cousins!