I have to tell you that this is one of my favorite little girls. Ever. (This is a running joke in our family since when she gets mad she tells you 'this is the last time I will drink my juice (or whatever else has irked her for the moment)...EVER!) She is constant amusement in our house. She is definitely our drama queen (well, she learns a lot of that from Audri, I think) and she is not afraid to tell you what is on her mind. I can't believe that she is 3. Well, I can believe she's 3, but I can't believe she is sooooo, well OLD. She just says things that make me do a double take, and more often than not making me have to try to hold in my giggle while sternly telling her we don't talk like that.She just went into Sunbeams and is loves it so far. She knows all the kids names in her class and can tell you which ones were naughty on which day (and it is NEVER her...yeah, right!) She also loves to sing and dance. If you ever have a chance you NEED to hear her sing 'Hoe Down Throw Down' (from Hannah Montana the movie) or duet 'What is this Feeling' (from Wicked) with Audri. The girl has very few inhibitions.
She is loving preschool. She is one of 2 girls in her class, but I think she might actually prefer it that way...and she has become really good friends with Olivia...the girls have to stick together! Today was a rare day that I got her to wear pants...usually it' s only dresses and leggings--and even then those are shed around mid afternoon in favor of Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty attire, complete with shoes. I am amazed that she can walk all around the house in the pretend dress up princess high heels. She can do stairs and even run...it is quite impressive. Oh, and yeah, she has slept in those shoes many a time too.
Some of my favorite Makenna-isms as of late:
"Mom, can you turn up the Feet, I am cold"
When singing the last line of 'I love to See the Temple"-- 'This is my secret beauty'
(question of the day: what are the real words?)
"I'm freezing. I need a Blanquet"
and lastly...when she comes up to Ian and lovingly caresses his head and says in a sing-songy quiet voice...
"Oh, Ian. It's ok. I forgive you..." (I am assuming it's for taking her spot as the baby ;)
We sure do love our Kenna-Girl!
3 comments:
"This is my sacred duty" but my K2 used to sing "This is my sacred booty" Makenna is her own person! Love her!
What a great little girl you have. SHe is super fun and seems to be quite grown up in a very little body. But those cheeks..forget about it! My girls love her and so do I!
LOVE HER! She is such a sweetie, Olivia just loves her and talks about her all the time:) She is so funny and cute:)
Post a Comment