Today we spent the day remembering Jeremy's Great Grandpa. He passed away January 1 after living almost 101 years. We went up to Longbeach, WA and spent time driving around places Jeremy remembered going as a little boy and spending time with his GREAT grandparents. Great Grandpa outlived almost everyone in his little immediate family, and I can only imagine the reunion that is still going on. We were happy that we were able to go up and represent the Great Grand kids and the Great Great grand kids. It was really cool that his casket was carried by 2 Grandsons (Jeremy's uncles), 2 Great-Grandsons, (Jeremy and his cousin Brian) and 1 Great-Great Grandson (Brayden)
Jesse Barker's family started out with him and his wife. Then they had two boys. One of those boys gave him 4 grand children, 3 living. Of those 3 grandchildren came 13 great-grandchildren. Of those 13 great-grandchildren came 28 great-great-grand children, with numbers 29 and 30 on the way. Anyone's brain tired yet? Cause, mine kinda is! Suffice it to say, he has a great posterity that came from a seemingly little family.
3 comments:
What a wonderful post. I am enjoying your frequent posting very much! XXOO
I'm glad you not only got to meet him and know him but I'm glad that at least Brayden (and probably Audri) will remember him a bit too!
Sorry about Great Grandpa, it sounds like he had a very full life! Hope all went well at the service!
Post a Comment