Tuesday, June 30, 2009

That's no Turkey...

it's our newest family addition! Set to debut sometime around Mid-November. We're hoping BEFORE Thanksgiving!


Anybody who doesn't know, can now take a guess...is our family more girls than boys or all tied up? I think this picture is pretty obvious! Brayden had perma-grin for the next hour.

Let me introuduce Squishy. This is the puppy the kids made their new little BROTHER at Build a Bear after the ultrasound. He's complete with five hearts inside. We each put one in with a wish for our new baby!

(and just so you don't think we are overly sentimental...I just have to say that we actually had a coupon for a FREE animal at Build A Bear so, 1 coupon and 3 kids means we compromised and helped to all make one for the new baby...good idea huh??)

18 comments:

Matt and Beth said...

A boy!! Very exciting. Everything is no equal. What will you name him? I wanted to tell you thank you very much for coming over today and giving me skinny cow. You are very thoughtful. THANKS!!

Nanci said...

Congratulations! Hooray for Brayden and his perma grin.

Emily Norby said...

SO much better than a turkey!

Congratulations!!!

crissi said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!

Elena said...

Congratulations! Great thinking at Build-a-Bear. Hope you're feeling okay.

Kelly said...

SO exctied for you guys. Super happy for Brayden! Love squishy great idea, very fun. Take it easy your half way there!

Unknown said...

I am so happy to see Baby Hugo's first pictures!! He is quite a stud!!

s g said...

congrats...and great idea with the build-a-bear thing...can't wait to meet this little turkey or any of your other kids ;)

Anonymous said...

How much did Miles want our family to be 2 girls and 2 boys when we went in for Anika's ultrasound?! Congrats!!! I am so excited for you guys! All the more reason to get together ... before your life gets even crazier!

Liz said...

Congrats!!! :P So awesome to have things even-stevens! :D

Jodi Nelson said...

Congrats my friend! ooxx`jod

Janiel said...

Yeah! Congrats! I'm so happy for you. And I'm sure Brayden is super excited to have a little brother at last.

Kate said...

Two and Two - how fun! Congrats! Hope you are feeling well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that he comes BEFORE Thanksgiving.

Melanie said...

Congratulations! That's pretty cool-being all tied up and all. I'll keep hoping he doesn't come during the Twilight midnight showing. We expect you to be there!

Unknown said...

So I have to say that the second picture that is "obvious" is not so "obvious". I can't even tell its a baby, sorry. He looks like one of those pretzels that you get at the mall. I guess its a good thing that mall pretzels are much better than turkeys!

Unknown said...

congrats! so happy for you!

KatieB said...

so happy for you!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

So the only reason I know this one's a boy is thanks to all the posts from your more "ultrasound savvy" friends! I still can't "tell"!!
Congratulations Selena!! I was actually going to call you yesterday and the funny thing is, right as I reached for my phone, Addi and Jessi came up crying for me.

Go figure. I wasn't even able to check my phone to even see if I had your number.