Wednesday, May 13, 2009

No, your eyes are not deceiving you...This is a NEW post!!

Well, it's happened. I've let myself get so far behind I don't know where to start! For once, my lack of posts is not related to the events going on (translated, we have NOT been NOT doing anything...we've actually been VERY busy...so busy I haven't posted!) We started off April with my birthday, then we had Easter and egg hunts, Audri's birthday, a trip to the beach, a trip to UT for a cousin blessing, and Jeremy's birthday. Maybe I should have just waited two more weeks so we could also cover Brayden's spring concert, Brayden's birthday and my trip to Buffalo for my sisters graduation...but I'm not sure I could recover from that kind of catch up! So, sit back...relax and get ready for one MOTHER of a post (oh, yeah, mother's day too!) If nothing else just look at the millions of pics and make up your own story for them :)

Happy Birthday to ME!
I have been looking forward to my birthday since December. NOT because I was officially turning 29...but because my present was a trip to see Wicked with my Honey. I had never seen the show, and I LOVED it. We had such a fun night. The show was AMAZING, I loved every minute of it. Jeremy spoiled me and got me my very own wicked sweatshirt, ahhh...what could be better? On my actual b-day I was spoiled with bbq for dinner and a home made yellow cake with chocolate frosting (YUM!) I also got an awesome cookbook, itunes giftcards, Barnes&Noble GC (That's like GOLD to me!!), the WICKED soundtrack (love it!, I felt so Popular!). I was thoroughly spoiled, and I am SURE I have the BEST family EVER!

Easter
We took the kids to our local Easter egg hunt for the first time this year. Makenna didn't really get it, and ended up with one little lone piece of candy (which she only got cause some nice man put it in her basket for her) Brayden and Audri made out like bandits, there was no stopping them from the candy, even though the bigger prizes were in the eggs...they had their sights set on the sugar :) We also colored Easter eggs, which is always a big hit. We had Easter dinner at Mam's house (actually the day BEFORE, which worked out nicely, since Easter was actually Audri's birthday too, so we could celebrate that) I was able to find coordinating dresses for the girls, I was surprised at how opinionated Audri had become about her clothes!! She was adamant that she and Makenna NOT match, so I went with a THEME instead (Daisy's) And Brayden just looked his handsome self, though maybe I should have gotten him an Easter haircut?? oh, and we also celebrated with our first ever Easter Pinata, thanks Salt Lake Grandpa!! The kids LOVED it!!







Happy Birthday Audri!!
I wonder if the next time Audri's birthday falls on Easter if she will be slightly disappointed...but as for this year, she thought it was great that she got 'extra' cause it was her special day. I can't believe our little girl is 5!! It is so hard to remember when she was a tiny thing, seems like she's always had her same big personality in no matter what size body she's had. Audri chose pork chops as her birthday dinner and Grandpa and Grandma came to celebrate with us. We had chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting. She was totally spoiled with movies, makeup, clothes, and art supplies. Her big surprise was her very own vanity for getting beautiful. It's fun to watch her and Makenna make themselves "beautiful". Audri also got a very special message from the Tubesock Tenors that made her laugh and laugh and laugh. I think she had a good day...and I am so glad cause she is a special part of our family and WE LOVE HER!! (I think that there will be a future Audri post that is all her own on all of the reasons WHY we love her)


The Beach

The weather was good one Saturday, so we decided to go to the beach! I can't believe how BIG the kids are getting. We saw our first tide pools, which the kids though were cool from a distance. Makenna LOVED going in the ocean. Brayden's legs seem to just be getting longer and longer. Audri got her fill of digging and sandplaying, Jeremy got a nap, and I was able to watch my family play and play. It was a good day.












Utah Bound
We were able to go to Salt Lake to attend the blessing of our newest neice, Emily. I love going to Utah, even if it's hard to fit in all of the fun things we want to do. The kids had fun hanging with the cousins. (which ironically, I DON'T have any pictures of...) We also went to a place called 'jump on it' which the kids LOVED. There were tons of trampolines and inflatable slides. Makenna lived for the slides. She got VERY mad when we tried to make her try something else. We went back to my brothers to play a little guitar hero and have a motorcycle ride. My Aunt Kim hosted a fun BBQ for all of us, and even made sure the kids had a little belated Easter egg hunt. Makenna knew what to do this time and was racing Brayden and Audri! It was fun. We swam in the 'O-tale' (hotel) pool and went to Cabellas before we left. We met Tio and 'That Girl' (Makenna bonded with Dominique, but for some reason kept calling her 'That Girl' it was kind of funny) Jeremy also celebrated birthday number 32 while we were on our way back home but he did get to blow out candles and visit 2, yes 2, different Cabellas and a dinner at Outback so it was ok with him! Thanks to all of our family, we had so much fun visiting, let's do it again!!









10 comments:

Unknown said...

oh its so nice to see everyone and all your adventures!!! I especially like the ones at the beach!!! love you too.

Liz said...

Well Glory Be and Pass the potatoes! You blogged! :P Welcome back to blogger land!!

Nanci said...

Hmmm, you have been busy. Now what's my excuse? Gotta love Audri sticking out her tongue!

Mandy said...

Wow! It's so fun to catch up with your family:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I'm so glad it was "WICKED", how fun to go to a show with the hubs:) Audri's birthday must be close to Sydney's because hers falls on easter weekend alot too (April 10th), Audri is so cute and funny! I'm glad you guys got to attend the annual Meinig park egg hunt; it's a tradition in our family. What a beautiful beach trip, it looks like you lucked out and got fabulous weather....always a rare bonus on the Oregon Coast! And last but not least a fun filled trip to Utah, to see family is a great get away and Happy birthday to Jeremy too!

Kelly said...

I'm very surprised but happy to see some new pictures of your life. Still waiting to see your wicked hoodie, I don't know how your gonna top it next year for the big 30? Hopefully this was the first of many Easter Egg hunts at the park, still can't believe I didn't see you! Love the girls dresses and the pic of makenna with her arms folded. Happy birthday to Jeremy, your family has a lot of birthdays in 2 months. Glad you had a good trip to Utah,looking forward to more posts on a regular basis!

Carrie said...

YAY a post!!! Too bad I don't have time to read it all right now! LOL! I wanna see the hoodie too! (you know me and hoodies!)

Nicole said...

well i think you're good with posting for at least another 6 months :). for some reason i picture audri playing "glinda" someday. you're family is seriously the cutest and i just love you guys!

Nicole said...

whoops, i meant "your" family (not you're).

TD Quong said...

hahaha, I literally cracked up laughing so many times during this post! LOL Selena! Your family is hliarious. Here are my rofl moments: 1. That you're POPULAR now 2. That Makenna got one lonely piece of candy 3. The faces in the first Easter pic 4. The faces in the pinata pic 5. That Audri chose pork chops 6. That Brayden hiked up his shorts even though the water barely covered his feet 7. That Audri buried her legs in sand 8. That I'm "That Girl" 9. Audri's very intent running face and 10. Because I just love that family of yours!

Unknown said...

so i was noticing that today was June 13... and that I have YET to see updated pictures of my favorite little kids... and it made me so sad... i almost sniffled. But instead I decided to write you a nice comment to describe my despair. PLEASE blog soon... i miss you!!!