This is a conversation as related to me by Jeremy. Jeremy reads with Brayden usually every night before bed. Right now they are reading a book called Whales On Stilts by MT Anderson. I was excited to read this with him, but they took off without me, so oh well! For some reason Brayden started the conversation like this:
Brayden: Sometimes I like to read about things that really happened. You know like in real life.
Jeremy (the ultimate non-fiction aficionado): Yeah, me too. I like stuff about Albert Einstein and Marie Curie.
Brayden: Yeah...but Mom, she likes stuff about...vampires and people with special abilities.
Jeremy (trying not to laugh): uh, yeah...
Brayden (after turning Whales on Stilts and looking again at it's cover): Yeah...but I still like this one...even if it is...FICTION.
We laughed cause he said 'fiction' kind of like it was a bad word or some kind of disease! And sure enough, he came home from school today with his library book: Finding the Titanic which he was reading on his bus ride home.
He is his father's son.
and for anyone that's interested in what I read, I guess I have been on the 'special abilities' track lately Inkheart was great. Savvy was awesome. And Graceling was pretty ok (didn't agree with some of the philosophies on marriage tho). I guess I don't appreciate non-fiction as much, lol
7 comments:
Love it! ooxx`jod
Too funny...filthy fiction!
ROFL! When I would take the oldest three to the library when they were little little guess what kind of books R had to get...NON-FICTION! The pictures had to be real pictures too...not drawings or cartooning things. Awesome!
Thats adorable! What a brainey boy, I bet someday he'll discover the world or imaginary and find it to be a great place to escape his crazy mother.
your son sounds like quite the smarty-pants. Good for him! (as or me, I stick to the filthy fiction as well.)
Good thing there's some half and half between you and Jeremy...I guess we'll have to see what Audri and Makenna like. I bet they'll follow your example. ;)
K Selena...I'm done being patient. You haven't posted about Time Out for Women or about your Spring Break outings. I'll give you until tomorrow morning. That's as far as my patience can go.
;-) ROFL!
Post a Comment