Brayden's school has a pretty cool art program that is entirely run by volunteers. The classes can sign up to learn about a certain artist and then they do a piece the that particular style. The school also works with our local Starbucks to showcase our little Picasso's. Brayden brought home his note saying his project had been selected to be displayed this month! He was so excited. His class learned about Andy Warhol so they did a snowflake picture in the 'Warhol style' I wish I was able to get a better picture of it but his was on the very top. We were invited to an 'unveiling and reception' where Brayden got a free hot chocolate for his hard work! It was a fun time, and I think Brayden felt pretty special. He never ceases to amaze me with the things that he learns and stuff he accomplishes at school. I have to keep reminding myself that my baby is almost 7 (oh, man...that makes me sad!) 

And since this is a 'Brag about Brayden' post I should also say that he has written his first story to be published at school. I am excited to get started with it! He's also playing indoor soccer, which is pretty fast paced and fun to watch. He is definitely one of the more timid kids on the field, but he has come leaps and bounds from fall soccer. I think he loves the running...and we like that it wears him out! Sooooo...way to go Brayden...you are a good kid and
WE LOVE YOU!
5 comments:
Brayden...YOU ROCK! :) That is awesome! Lucky you to get that free hot chocolate! I'm jealous! Heehee!
That's so cool! Nicely done Brayden! And free hot chocolate always tastes better than when it's paid for. LOL
Those are awesome! But who is this Brayden boy you keep talking about but I never actual see with you?
Wow, tell Brayden he is amazing! Those are some perfect snowflakes and very Andy Warhol-esque. COOL!
What great pictures! He is quite the acomplished artist and so cute too!
Post a Comment