Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Girls

Ahhh...they are the best of friends and the worst of enemies! Luckily for me, it's the 'best of friends' description that is more frequently seen around our house. I have been waiting 2 years for this moment...the time when they can play together, talk together, giggle together, and be alone together (without killing one another). And I LOVE it. They are so fun to listen to! They love to dress up as princesses and push their babies around. They will get out every single piece of 'vanity set' that Audri has and do each other's hair and makeup. Audri teaches Makenna dance moves, and then watches her perfrom. They get out the children's songbook or the hymnals and open them up and sing at the top of their lungs (Audri is usually making up words as she goes...all church related mind you i.e. "I'm so glad to get blessings, and I love the priesthood. Jesus loves me and I love to go to church" and Makenna sings 'twinkle twinkle little star' or the happy birthday song over and over) Today they got out all of the stuffed animals and babies and brought them to have a sleep over on my bed. They also had to dress alike today which set of the 'ooohhs and aaaaah's at Jeremy's office.
I am so glad that they have this year, before Audri goes to real school, to play together and I HOPE that they continue to be good and loving sisters to each other. I know from experience how awesome it is to have a GREAT sister that you can laugh with, have fun with, and tell everything to (love ya, Ash!)

16 comments:

Nicole said...

that almost made me cry! so dang cute. it's stuff like that that makes being a mom the best thing ever. i think i'll be coming out next week (possibly thursday). we should get together. how did i beat carrie to making the first comment here?

Kelly said...

Yah, for sisters. It took two years but it was worth the wait! I love the dress alike thing. The twins are also showing more signs of love lately.

Janiel said...

I love the matching outfit! They are too cute together.

Carrie said...

SOOOO cute! K3 used to be really mean to K2 and K2 hated K3 but now they totally play and are the best of friends (usually)! (there Kelly...is that comment good enough and long enough for you?)

TD Quong said...

Oh gosh, I want some of those! I hope my kids are the best of friends. That was adorable. I especially love Kenna's smile in the first pic with the hymn books. What is on her ear? lol

ashley said...

aweeeeeeee i'm just so happy right now. Those girls are the cutest in the world. and ok... love ya too!! :)

Marisa said...

That's adorable! I'm still waiting for the day!!!

s g said...

so cute, I am still waiting for the best of friends as well, we seem to be leaning on the worst of enemies as of late, but I am hoping it will get better. sisters are the best...I am loving the photos with the hymn books :)
sara

Selena said...

Yeah...so Kenna had a bracelet on her ear...she was pretending it was an earing, lol! HA! HA!

Sheri said...

Audri knows the words...so does McKenna....What am I doing wrong? Just kiddin'. They are so precious. Love my adopted grandkids!

Mandy said...

They are so cute, don't you just love it when your kids get along and play together nicely!

foreveryoung said...

Awww, so sweet! It reminds me of my sister and I and it makes me want a sister for Kylie more than anything! They're definately lucky to have eachother.

Liz said...

Soooo stinkin' cute.

WHAT do you have in your water?! I think maybe M & M need a drink...

Julyssa Schenk said...

so cute! My kids are playing together too and it makes me so happy to have some free time :)

Janette said...

Oh, I can't wait for the day that my girls can play together and love each other without my supervision. I hope that day is coming soon... =) Your girls sure are cute!

Nanci said...

I can just hear it, "I love the Priesthood" as loud as can be. Funny girls.