The First Grader:
Brayden is an official 'all day' school goer! I have been looking forward to this day...I am so excited for him to get to go and be away from us and have friends, and learn, and have a teacher who takes care of him during the day. It is so strange not to have him home...it took some adjustment for Audri and I. Audri did tell me 'I miss Brayden' sometime during that first day. I think that it has helped them, cause I definitely think they appreciate each other a little more when he comes home. So, ends our sleeping in. Now it's up at 6:40 to breakfast, dress, and make lunch. Yes. I am making lunches now. It's kind of crazy for me! He loves his class though and has lots of friends from his kindergarten class with him. The first day he cam home, he got off the bus and I said 'Hi! I'm glad your home! How was your day?' To which he replied: 'Best day of my life! We get 3 recesses!' 3 Recesses? Do they have time for any of that learning I was hoping for ;)? 
"I'm not nervous!"The Preschooler:
Aduri. There's not much to say here, except she is truly in her element at school. Amazingly she is a bit less sassy at school so everyone believes her to be the perfect angel. She is loving her class and her best friend in class Ashley even wore matching butterfly leggings on the first day and 'Mommy, we didn't even call eachudder!' She has a new head teacher this year, and there have been a few changes, but I think it's good...she's having fun and playing, which is what is most important to us.
The Soccer Mom:
Yep. Soccer has started with a vengeance. Both Brayden and Audri are playing this year, and while I do spend a lot of time sitting at practices, or games, or driving to games or practices, selling candy bars and pepperoni sticks, and washing soccer socks I love it. The kids are having fun, and let me tell you, there is nothing more fun or cute than watching a bunch of four year olds play soccer. In yesterday's game Audri actually picked up the ball and threw it clear of her challenger and then proceeded to kick it in the goal. You should have heard all the parents crack up. At this stage in the game the kids are just having fun and starting to learn the rules, so it really is just a bunch of kids swarming the ball. Brayden is getting a lot better! He is slowly getting a bit more aggressive and is keeping up with the other kids. It has been fun so far
(the weather has been really warm, but now that it's getting colder, it may not be as fun ;) We'll keep you updated on their season!
1 comment:
I think you are an official, full-fledged mommy. Now that you get to do school lunches, multiple school schedules, homework, multiple practice and games schedules and all the while keeping a toddler entertained, husband happy, home clean and maintain a calling!
Post a Comment