So, I am making amends for my blog slack-i-ness. We really have had a busy few weeks, and have done some fun things. We went to Seattle to check out a Mariners game, I don't even remember who they were playing or one single players name on either team, but it was fun to be together as a family (and work family, since this actually was a BUSINESS trip for Jeremy...they treated their office to a train ride and baseball game as the yearly team building outing), and spend time doing something we don't do every day. The train is so much more fun than actually driving to Seattle! I was surprised at how well the kids did. It's a little over a 3 hour ride each way and I wasn't even feeling stressed. Having spoiled kids with a Nintendo DS and ipod helps too :) The timing worked out great, we rode the train early and the train station is just a few blocks from Safeco Field, and made it in perfect time to grab some lunch and watch the game. The game ended at we headed back to the train station to catch our 5:30 train and we were pulling in to Portland by 9:00. I only wish I had taken more pictures! Seems like every other person from Jeremy's office was taking so many pictures I kind of slacked off and didn't take many...I'll have to see if I can track some more down. Some highlights from the trip:
- No rain in Seattle
- Not driving and saving gas money! Plus the train had four seats that faced each other with a table in the middle. Perfect for coloring, making fruit loop necklaces, driving cars, and climbing under!
- Blue cotton candy. See pics of Brayden and Audri's faces.
- My sling. Makenna still fits in it and will still fall asleep in it...and it's so much easier to carry her around...she's so sweet when she's asleep!
- No rain in Seattle
- $9.00 chicken sandwich and Fries. Washed down with a $4.75 large soda (good thing it wasn't MY money...this was a company trip ;)
- Listening to Jeremy take charge in a monthly staff meeting.
- Finding out that the ipod can pretty much hypnotize Makenna. (works while grocery shopping too!)
- Did I mention it didn't rain in Seattle??
One way to get more cotton candy in your mouth as fast as you can so you can get more than your sister.
5 comments:
we're going on July 1 for LDS night w/ the Mariners. Hope the rain holds out for us as well.
WoW Selena YOU'RE HOT! Woooo! ;-) Looks like fun was had by all! YAY for blog updates!
I can't believe how grown-up your kids are!! Looks like a fun trip.
Way Cool !!! We're going to a game in August. Can't wait. The train! Must do that, I always forget about it. Took it when I was wittle. Everyone should experience the train. Good to see you posting! LOL. LOVE YA ~jod
thanks for giving me some more hope for seattle! sunshine! (actually... everytime i have been there it never rains!) mariner's game is a fun night out- maybe we can meet up some day!(do you think mags could still fit into a sling??)
Post a Comment