Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

INSIDE our Hotel enjoying our second round of Creme Brulee

After looking forward to our getaway for months...it's hard to believe it's already come and gone! Jeremy and I took off for Sin (and man is it getting WORSE) City Friday and came back late Sunday. Jeremy was actually there on business while I was there purely for pleasure! The annual Invisalign summit was held at the Venetian hotel so of course we had to go. While Jeremy enjoyed classes (and yes, he did enjoy them, said they were WAY better than any other invisalign CE he's done) I took the chance to explore the strip and the hotel. Well, hotel is misleading cause it's really a resort. There is no need to leave for anything. The hotel was beautiful. Hands down nicest place we've ever stayed. Our rooms were actually in the adjoining hotel, the Palazzo. Until I find another room with remote controlled blinds, three flat screen TV's (one in the bathroom), and a mini fridge with $9 kit kats this might be the nicest home away from home I go to. We went with Jeremy's assistant PJ and future hygienist, Jessica and they made sure we got lots of picture ops at the Belaggio, NY NY, Paris, and our Pirate Gala (oh, your interest is piqued now, what is a pirate gala, you ask?--you'll see). Dave (Jeremy's Invisalign Rep) took us out to dinner Friday night, since the rest of the conference was enjoying evening all you can drink cocktails and he knew we would pass. We went to Wolfgang Puck's Postrio...and it was Oh, so good. Two words: Creme Brulee. We went back again before we left. Saturday after the classes we walked the strip and found some souvenirs then headed back to get ready for our big pirate gala (kind of a closing ceremony of the Invisalign stuff) there was dinner, dancing, free drinks (if you like that sort of thing), a real live band and lots of dentists dressed up as pirates saying 'Argh' and 'Matey's'. And, if you happened to leave your hook and peg leg at home, Invisalign sent up some garb to your room. After the 'gala' we had tickets to Blue Man Group. What a great show! It was so fun. We may become blue man groupies. Sunday was spent sleeping in, packing up and taking another stroll ALL THE WAY down the strip. I was so grateful for taxi's once we got to the end cause I don't know if my feet would have made it back. We had such a fun time, and we want to say a big THANKS to Jeremy's parents for watching the kids while we were gone...the kids were looking forward to our trip almost as much as we were!
You know your trip's gonna be good when you start it in a limo. (that's Jessica and PJ)The fountain outside our hotelThe sitting area of our suiteThe most delicious thing I have ever eatenAhoy!Our table at the galaDecorating ourselves for the Blue man showUs with a REAL blue man

Us with a FAKE (wax) Blue Man (funny story behind this, maybe that'll be another post)

I just couldn't resist this. This is in the conservatory at the Belaggio

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Funny! Matt just spent last week in Vegas. You could have had dinner at the Mandalay together!

Liz said...

Sooo cute! You guys look like you had a blast! :)

s g said...

what a great get-away, always better when you don't have to pay too...Greg needs to do more CE in fun places!! I am jealous- so glad you got a kid-free trip..

Jodi Nelson said...

Ah Vegas! I totally forgot you were going! Super Duper Fun! LOVE the picks. Must share the Blue Man story, K? So glad you had a good time. Miss Ya. XXX OOO ~jod

KatieB said...

so jealous! that dessert looked to die for!