that the weeks seem to fly by and drag on all at the same time?!? I am racking my brain trying to think of
any exciting thing to write...any good story to tell...and I'm coming up empty. I know there's stuff...I just can't find it in my jumbled brain! So, to be completely random...I'm going the bullet route:
- I have become immensly thankful for play dough. This is our 5 o'clock treat so that I can make dinner. It is amazing to me that the kids never get tired of it. One night Brayden made about 15 different fishies and then gave them all out. They make pizza, spaghetti, and they love the cookie cutters-even Makenna gets into the action, which leads me to:
- Makenna is our monkey. She has learned how to climb up the chairs and onto the table. When it's play dough time, I don't care much. The other kids are there and she really just wants in on what they're doing. If I turn a blind eye, I might be able to get dinner done. When she does it other times...it gets old real fast.
- Audri loves to answer questions...and ask them. She can come up with the most random: 'what's a door made out of?' , 'what is carpet?', 'What is trees made out of?'. We realize that mostly this is a stall tactic that happens when she's not ready to go to bed. She likes to answer questions too, even when she has no idea what the answer is. Every night when we read scriptures Jeremy asks the kids a question. Sometimes he tells them before hand what he's going to ask, so they can listen. Last night Jeremy told her to listen to the name of a mountain. After reading (the answer was Mount Zion) he repeated the question. She gave him her vacant cute smile/stare. So to help her he said 'ok, it's called Mount...' to which she triumphantly shouted 'Tin!' (as in moun-tain) she was sure of herself so we went with it.
- Brayden's getting to be a lego master. He's really into his lego mosaics. They are perfect for him now because he is such a perfectionist. He can put the clear part right on the pattern and follow it. He's getting better at realizing he can make things however he wants.
- Makenna is a girl to the hilt. She loves shoes, bags, and to wear Audri's dress up jewelry.

- Why to cars always need routine maintenence (oil changes etc) at the same time?
- There is one song on guitar hero that is preventing Jeremy from finishing the game on hard. He's finally given up and started expert even though hard is not technically finished...he's getting a run for his money, but his fingers are getting plenty of exercise!
- I have started family search indexing again. My goal is a few batches a week. Makes me feel like I can justify some of my computer time, hey it's service!
- It's good to watch a movie with big brothers who can cover your eyes for you during the scary parts. (just in case you were wondering Monster's Inc is the scary movie they were watching.)
- A dinner of peanut butter and jelly on a Friday night feels more nutritious and fulfilling if it's picnic style and using a zoo pal.
- In Oregon Soak up the sunshine while you can!

5 comments:
If Brayden likes lego mosaics then he will probably enjoy Lite Bright. I saw it the other day at a school, not sure if anyone makes it anymore.
Geesh. For not having anything in your brain to post. That was amazing! Loved every bit of it. I feel like I'm a little disconnected these days, so I love these kind of posts! Too fun. I think I'll copy you too. ;o)
i like your kitchen table. i need a new one really bad
I really like the Friday night picnic idea, although I think Char is a little too small and she would be crawling through everyone's food...wow, Makenna is getting so big!!
Sara G.
Your kids are so stinkin cute!
I loved your post- and you remembered a lot of what you've been doing! I have to write things on our calendar b/c I honestly can't remember what we've been up to! I have a really bad memory.
Post a Comment