
Ah, another Turkey Day on record and boy was it a good one! We were lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa with Maggie (or New Jersey) and Tia (my sister Ashley) come to US for Thanksgiving. They got here the Saturday before Thanksgiving, so we got to do a lot of fun things with them before they had to go home. Jeremy also finally purchased his long awaited shotgun so that he could participate in the annual ward turkey shoot (no, they don't shoot turkeys they shoot clays, the turkeys are the prize). The shoot was sponsored by the Elder's quoram and since Jeremy supplied the turkeys he wasn't really eligible for a prize, but he had fun shooting anyway, and there was a good turnout with a lot of people who the ward doesn't see often. We had big plans for Grandpa an Grandma we spent the first day on the Oregon coast. We went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory where we sampled squeaky cheese, ate ice cream, and smelled cows. After the cheese factory, we heading up the coast to Cannon Beach where it stopped raining just in time for us to walk along the beach. It was cold, but dry. Makenna LOVED the beach, she loved walking along and being independent. She screamed if you picked her up--which was kind of funny. We ate at Mo's and had a good seat right next to the windows to watch the beach and the hurricane that started as soon as we sat down. The next day we went to Multinomah Falls, where I spent all the time in the car because Makenna was asleep and it was cold, but I think Mom and Ron had a good little hike. Wednesday we drove to Vancouver WA just so my mom could say she had been to Washington state. We also drove past the Portland temple and browsed around the Deseret Book. Ashley flew in late that night so Jeremy and I went to pick her up, and we got the last Banana Cream pie at Marie Calendars on the way!





The Turkey!! The first Turkey cooked in our house! So, we hosted the meal this year, and had all of the usual goods. I have to admit, that even though my house did the cooking, my parents did most of the preparations. It is amazing how as long as you are surrounded by the ones you love, the place doesn't matter much. Seemed like all of the other Thanksgiving's we've enjoyed together in the past. We had a good feast and ate too much, then we Wii bowled all night. Mom and Ashley wouldn't stop until they hit 'pro' status. Ashley even bowled a 299 or something like that...of course we didn't all see it, but I guess the wii hard drive doesn't lie :)

I think that here would be appropriate to share the turkey song Audri taught us that became a favorite of ours, the words go a little something like this:
I'm Glad I'm Not a Turkey (to the tune of 'Oh, Here We are Together')Oh, I'm glad I'm not a turkey, a turkey, a turkeyOh, I am glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day.They Stuff you and Baste you and Then they all Taste you,Oh, I am glad I'm not a Turkey on Thanksgiving Day!*for the full effect you should call and request her highness Audri to sing it to you on the phone Yes, we all sang this around the table, and it was great! Friday, everyone left, but not before we spent a few hours at some early bird sales. It's crazy that Thanksgiving is over, but now we can break out the Christmas music!



Thanks for Coming Mi Familia, we had tons of fun with you! We love you!
1 comment:
So fun that you got to spend Thanksgiving with family, that's what the holidays are all about. Love the song, you need to post video of Audri singing it so that we can get the full effect!
Post a Comment