On to YW responsibilities I was in charge of our November combined activity, which was 'Fear Factor'. We don't have a huge amount of youth so planning things can sometimes be a little tricky. I think the kids had fun though...aside from getting done a little early, they seemed to be having fun. I tried to center our activity about not having fear when Heavenly Father is with you and we did some 'object' lesson type activities. The first thing we did was break into teams, then we did a 'gummy bear sift' and each kid had to find the 10 gummy bears hiding in a big plate of spaghetti noodles, using only their mouths. We related this to searching through the bad things to find the good and also standing out among the undesirables. The second thing was done only by two members of the team 'Foul Sundaes', they each got 4 free shots. For every shot they missed they had to add a topping to their ice cream... the toppings being sauerkraut, ketchup, mustard, relish, and hot sauce. Then they had a race to see who could eat it the fastest. It was pretty entertaining to watch! We related this to facing the consequences of our actions. The last thing was the 'egg yolk pass' it was a relay where they lined up and the first person cracked an egg into the next persons hand and they had to pass the egg hand to hand and dump it in a cup at the end. Whoever had the most amount in their cup at the end won. We had one group that had all four egg yolks in tact at the end! The other two groups looked like they were making scrambled eggs. We related this to gossip--it gets messy and usually you don't end up with the whole story (egg) in the end. All in all it was a pretty good night...as happy as I was at how it turned out, I was also happy to have it over!
And lastly, Brayden has finally gotten into his Lego's. He surprised me one day at quiet time by coming out with his 'Lego' sign creation. I was impressed especially since he did it himself and came up with the idea on his own (usually the hardest part for him.) I think in the next little while he's going to start coming up with lots of cool stuff, and I can't wait!
Also I have included some pics of my crazy girls. Makenna likes to walk around with things on her head, like she did with this witch headband. Audri on the other hand likes to do her own hair...which turns out something like this:So, I feel better now that these few weeks of our lives have been documented ;) Oh, and Jeremy is very adamant that I remember to explain that 'ketchup' is really a Chinese word, 'ke' meaning tomato and 'chup' or (jup) meaning juice. He has trained the kids to ask for apple 'jup' or to say if they want their ramen noodles with or without 'jup'. Weird I know. I'm just the wife/mom--and I've also supplied you with your useless fact of the day! See, it is worth it to surf on over to our blog every now and then!
2 comments:
Now I know who to thank for ketchup. I just had "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" on in the office and Jeremy reminded me of the dad that is claiming every word comes from Greek. I am just now recovering from my Wii shoulder. I was standing in my interview wondering why my shoulder was hurting so bad. Then I remembered my nasty 98 mph fastball the night before. Jeremy, could you send me the email or contact info for your supply rep. They might be able to help the job search. Thanks, Eric
Hey Kato, looks like your intra-oral photography skills are coming right along. I like your blog. We are relatively new to the blogoshpere but we like looking and seeing what our friends are up to. Bryce
Post a Comment