Friday, October 19, 2007

P.A.W.--That's my boy!


Positively AWesome

(P.A.W. Award)
Let the awards begin! So every month Brayden's school holds an assembly to honor two students chosen by their teacher who exemplify being 'safe, responsible, respectful, and positively awesome'. They usually have this award the end of each month, but since Brayden is just in the morning kindergarten they had missed the assembly that happened in the afternoon. And Brayden was the only boy kindergartner to get the award!! Lucky for me (since I happened to be volunteering that day and so I was actually AT school when he got the award) I got to be there and share the proud moment! It's really fun when you win this award they bring in the 'wheel of PAWS' a huge wheel you get to spin for a prize. When the wheel get brought out all the kids chant 'WHEEL OF PAWS!' and then before each kid spins they go 'SPIN, SPIN, SPIN', it's pretty cute. So when Brayden got up there, he spun and landed on the 'Yo Yo'. He was pretty excited about it, so he got to go with the counselor and pick his yo yo, which is pretty fancy mind you. It came with a sheet of tricks. He's gotten pretty good, I am impressed. So, congrats to Brayden, I am sure this is just the first of many of these types of things! Oh, and we also had our first parent teacher conference last night, and of course, he's perfect :). He's doing everything he should and his teacher just gushed about how glad she is to have him and how much better the class is because of him...yeah, we already knew that!

1 comment:

emily said...

go brayden! and since we're bragging emma got student of the month! they gave her a certificate for ice-cream in the cafeteria, but of course she's too shy to redeem it.