I am feeling the need to do a major, or at least verbose, catch up on each of us since most of my posts thus far have been fun trips, outings, or milestones. Maybe the fact that we haven't done much of those since Makenna's birthday is prompting this, or maybe it's cause I finally cleaned out my closet and was reading through old journal entries that I decided that I need to kind of journal us as a family, boring stuff and all! So starting with the man of the house:
Jeremy: Aside from being one of the best dad's around he's been working hard fixing teeth, making teeth straight, and trying to keep his practice up and running (I say his, even though technically he's not partner, YET, but it is in the works and he does do a lot from hiring, and interviewing new and current employees, ordering dental STUFF, scheduling assistants, and managing the managing.) He is in the home stretch of invisalign on himself and is happy that as of sometime last week he now has 'canine guidance' (for all you dental people). After a long 5 year tenure in some part of the Young Men's organization he was released and is now serving as our Elder's Quorum president. It has been so long that he's been in Elder's Quorum, he wasn't even sure who was an elder in the ward, which made picking counselors a little tricky! We also finally purchased a second car this summer, so he has had fun zipping to and from work in our new 4 door Toyota Yaris S (don't forget the S...he was very adamant that it be the S. Looks more sporty). I will post a pic of it eventually, but when I do, please don't let him hear you say it's 'cute' he's had enough of that from the girls at work ;) He has also been slightly obsessed with the Super Smash Brother's Melee that we got for our Wii. It is a pretty fun game, and how can you keep away when there are so many boards and levels and secret things to pass?
Selena (a.k.a- Me): I seem to find lots of things to do to pass time, I am just not sure exactly what it is?! I have been reading tons this summer, and it's been so nice. I forgot how much I enjoy reading and it's been even better that I have found some really good new authors. I am not much into adult lit though, I seem to be reading more from the young adult section, but maybe that's why my dream job is to be a school librarian someday! Some of the good stuff I've read: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, almost all the books by Shannon Hale (The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Princess Academy, a newberry honor book, btw), Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, The Annotated Pride and Prejudice, Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I finally gave in and read the ridiculous sounding book about a girl that falls in love with a vampire (really, I don't do that kind of thing, but SO many people were saying it was SO good. It's a NY time best seller and all of the older ladies in my ward were reading it, so I thought I should do. I know I give into peer pressure so easily) and it IS good. I also really like Shannon Hale. I think it's also cool to note, to whomever doesn't know yet, that Stephenie Meyer and Shannon Hale are both young LDS moms. There are two more books in the series and I think I know what I will be trying to track down this week. I wonder how many pages that adds up to? Must be 1,000's I'm sure. Hope my family doesn't feel too neglected! So other than reading, I have been trying to get used to this new school schedule, I haven't had to get up early in like 5 years so we've had an adjustment, but so far so good. I am trying to get myself into some sort of cleaning/cooking routine (I know that I should already be in one seeing that I am a SAHM and that's basically my job, but oh, well!) Jeremy and I also got to get away to Seattle last weekend, even though we were there for a dental course (and I attended with him...I made my first temporary and even place my own lumineer!) Staying at the Seattle Hilton was AWESOME. Not to mention it was a nice getaway from kids.
Brayden: So far he's LOVING kindergarten. He has found a friend named Karter, so now it's 'Karter this' and "Karter that' and I love it. I am so glad he is having fun. I was worried that he wouldn't tell us what he does at school but he is Mr. Talky once he gets off the bus. It took him a few days to admit that on the first day of school he got of the bus a little early and had to get back on, but he told us, once he did it right the next time ;). He is getting so tall. It's hard to believe that this little boy used to be my baby. He never ceases to amaze me with some of the things he figures out or says. He has a soft spot for Makenna and is a very adoring big brother. Sometimes a little too much so and we have to tell him to get off, but he does truly think she is the best member of our family :).
Audri: There really are no words to express what a funny girl Audri is. She has started preschool and loves it. She started dance and loves it. She is such a performer that she is right in her element anytime she gets to sing or dance, so preschool and dance class are perfect for her. She speaks a lot in what we lovingly call, 'Audri-ese'. She makes up all sorts of silly words and makes up translations for us i.e. " when I say 'poppy-chee-chee-cha' that means 'yes' and when I say 'bobby-kah-ne-pike' that means 'no" Don't ask me why she doesn't just say yes or no, but whatever. She also likes to hear Jeremy sing 'I am a Child of God' in Chinese. She has taken to trying to sing it herself in Chinese and it's pretty funny. After awhile she will try to sing whatever tune is in her head in her version of 'Chinese'. She is quite a musical girl and can tap out her favorite classical music melody on her little piano.
Makenna: This little girl is such a ham! She is loving and smart. She screams at the top of her lungs and then laughs about it. She will go to mostly anyone, as long as she can't seem me. She loves to play with her hair or mine when she is tired and she still loves her bottle--she cries hysterically if she sees it and then you don't give it to her. When she takes a drink out of her cup she takes a long swig and ends with a satisfying 'Ahhh'. it's cute. She can stand on her own if you balance her, but once she realizes what she's doing she promptly falls over-on purpose. She still has no teeth, but we like it that way, and it really doesn't stop her from eating anything we eat. She can down a slice of pizza herself. She doesn't like fruit or juice, which is kind of funny, but seems to like most vegetables. She loves her toys and is known to laugh hysterically just because she feels like it. She is fun to have around the house.
So, if you made it through this novel congrats to you! I am going to post some videos soon, blogger seems to be having a few issues tonight, so I want to get this up before all my typing is for naught!
4 comments:
great update on all of you guys..I need to do that every now and then too...I am going to print blog for a family journal some day..so it is good to have that info. in there...we are jealous of your weekend in seattle..we need to take one of those soon!
Awesome, canine guidance. Gotta protect those posterior teeth during excursive movements!
what fun updates! You can even save this and use it for your Christmas cards. Aren't you glad you gave into the vampire peer pressure? They're great reads. You have a wonderful family!
i love that braeden tells you later about how he got off the bus early... classic
Post a Comment