Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday Makenna!

September 12. Holy Cow--that has to be on record as one of the fastest years ever! It's so hard to believe that our little Kenna-girl is 1. She still seems so small...way too little to be one! We had a fun time with Grandma and Grandpa Kato...we had dinner and opened presents and then let her demolish her cupcake. Makenna got totally spoiled and ended up with a cool learning puppy (which she likes to body slam and then laugh crazily at) and a monkey house from Grandma and Grandpa Fowler. Brayden and Audri both got to pick out something for her, and of course picked things that play their favorite classical music-a leapfrog number caterpillar and a baby Einsteins music toy- and some bristle block things. Grandma and Grandpa Kato gave her a shape sorter, and some stylin' new fall duds. Grandpa Quong sent a pretty cool ball toy that Brayden and Audri can't wait to get their hands on...just need to find some batteries! What a haul for a 1 year old. She wasn't too thrilled about opening the presents, but she liked playing. The cake was fun, but she was a little on the tired side so she didn't get too out of control. Happy Birthday Makenna!

The Play By Play

6 comments:

jodi said...

1 YEAR OLD! Impossible. ! ;o) She's so adorable. Happy Happy Birthday Makenna!

Chrissy said...

I'm alive and well, just not on the computer lately! Happy Birthday Cute Girl! I can't believe you are one and even worse that I haven't even met you yet! Ugg!

Nanci said...

I like the cupcakes! I just might try it sometime.

Unknown said...

Hi Selena-
I haven't seen your blog in awhile...the kids are so cute! I had to tell you and Jeremy that there is a 1st yr at Randy's school that is completely blind in one eye. Isn't that crazy? A blind dentist? You guys make me want to move to the northwest... it looks great out there.

Christine said...

This is such a fun way to keep updated on what's going on with everyone's life. Your kids are so cute and getting so big. I'll check in often!

foreveryoung said...

That has gone by fast! If only those 9 months of pregnancy could go by as fast as their first year of life....happy B-day, what a cutie!