We celebrated the Fourth of July twice this year, once on June 30th with the Kato side of the family and once on the real independence day. These pics are of our afternoon in Eugene at Jeremy's Aunt Patti's house. We spent our time eating, making sushi (which I did for the first time, btw...I made sure to only put things I'd like in there ;) playing games, and lighting a few fireworks. The kids didn't care that most of the stuff we did was smoke related, they just liked lighting them I think. They also enjoyed the little 'pop-it's' and didn't mind if they didn't pop upon hitting the ground, because that meant you could stomp the living daylights out of it!

These pics are of the actual Fourth of July. We spent the day at Jeremy's parents house lounging, eating, playing in the sprinkler, and hanging out in the yard. Brayden and Grandpa Kato went for a short bike ride on the tandem bike. Brayden had only worn his flip flops though, so we improvised and taped them to his feet with blue painters tape to make sure they wouldn't fall of during the ride! We also walked down to the park where there was music, food and lots of playing. Luckily for Audri there were elephant ears, because according to her, her 'tummy hurt real bad and needs an elephant ear'. We topped off the night with fireworks, it was a fun day!
**and no, your eyes are not playing tricks on you...the first collage is a little funny in the color department...I was playing with the 'effects'...hee hee.


6 comments:
first of all... what's an elephant ear??? and second- i'm very impressed with the collage thing you've got going.
What's an elephant ear?? Emily! You haven't lived yet! It's by far the best carnival food ever! It is a huge piece of fried dough(the size and shape of an elephant ear, kind of) with cinnamon/sugar or other toppings. I found an elephant ear cart in Boston and rate it right up there with seeing the Freedom Trail!
Great pics Selena! We totally missed out on any kind of fireworks here. They don't sell anything in the area. Not even sparklers!
such fun pictures...will we ever see you guys this summer? this is really getting ridiculous...how does August look?
Great pictures Selena!! I love the retro colored collage (sephia overlay). Whenever I go to Kiddie Kandids I make them do it for me :) I have yet to figure it out on adobe It looks like you all had a lot of fun for the 4th, I love fireworkds !!
thanks chrissy.... sounds good actually. memphis just fries everything at their fair. Fried snickers bars, fried twinkie, fried oreo... you name it- they fry it. Oh, and you can't forget the jumbo turkey legs...
Summers are the greatest! What fun 4th of July pictures and memories, glad you had a good one!
Post a Comment