Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Swimming Time!

Brayden started his two week swimming 'camp' last week and so far I think he is enjoying himself. I was a little leary when I saw how many kids there were, but they actually work it quite nicely and break all the kids into 'levels' each level works with a different teacher (or high school kid in this case). I am sure that Brayden is one of the youngest (if not THE youngest) and with no previous experience I was happy he landed in the level one group. He's doing an excellent job learning how to 'bob' (controlled bobbing up and down in the water with bubbles and relaxed face), float, and use correct posturing for his hands and feet. He has done well listening to the teacher and doing his best. The lessons are a lot though. Monday- Thursday for a half an hour. Good thing they're only for two weeks, I am exhausted! I haven't decided if he'll do another session when we get back from UT...we'll see how bored we get! Good Job Brayden!

2 comments:

Carson Calderwood said...

When I first saw that top pic I was like, "wow, Jeremy, you have been working out!" Then I made it bigger and saw that it wasn't Jer, sorry bud...we are both still soft guys that spent too much time in school ;)

Liz said...

VERY COOL! He's gonna be part-fish or AquaMan! Take your pick! :)