Who would have thought that such a small thing could bring so much delight to both parent and child? Well, before our friend Timex came to live with us, let me give you a preview of a typical morning (knowing full well it will show what a mean mom I am...just know I am NOT a morning person)
Brayden crawls into bed with me, as I roll over and try to ignore him. Jeremy's gone to work and the girls are still peacefully sleeping.
'Mom, hey mom. The clock says 7:01'
'yep, that's good Brayden, try to go back to sleep'
**quiet**
'wow! Mom, the clock says 7:03'
'mmmhhmmm'
'oh, look mom...it's 7:08!'
'that's good'
'I'm hungry, is it time for breakfast?'
'well, let's wait till Audri gets up. we'll have breakfast at 8:00'
'OK'
'Hey mom! it says 7:15!'
'look it's 7:55...wait I mean 7:22'
and so on until 8 am. Yes I know, I could get up and then I wouldn't have to have a minute by minute narration of the morning...but then he wouldn't get to practice telling time! So we got him his own clock for his room. He can look at it all he wants without coming to my bed to do it! And you know what? It's worked! He's stayed in his room and played until his clock says 8 am! It's a miracle...one that if I had known that a $9.99 clock would save me all that grief I would have done it weeks ago! And I do have to admit...it is so much more fun to wake up to him playing in his room rather than counting down the minutes.
9 comments:
That is too funny! I'm very impressed he is already telling time (you really are putting those ECE skills to work :), but I'm sure it's not so impressive at 7am!
I have also been considering getting a clock for lewis...but that is just for 7 am, I would die if he would stay there until 8 am!! I am very happy if he sleeps past 7...
Well, Brayden definitely doesn't sleep past 7...but at least he doesn't bother anyone until 8!
ooh, selena, you poor thing having to get up after 7:00..... HAH! rylee went through a phase where she woke up at 5:30 for MONTHS! we've got it down to anywhere between 6:00 and 6:30 now. maybe a clock will do the trick...
We had to do the clock thing too just to get Ella not to get up before 7am. It worked and now she sleeps past that. Now of course Chloe decides she needs to get up before 7am, but she will cuddle quietly and doesn't know how to count yet!
with so many success stories i've got to get a clock!
Mags got up at 9:15AM the other morning... and let me just add that I had to go get her up! na na na na! so here's the trick... keep them up till midnight and LOTS of Nyquil.... KIDDING!! Seriously... the clock thing sounds great. I may have to try that -so nobody tries to get me up before 10AM!!!
brandon if you're reading this... im totally kidding. you know that i get up and fix a well balanced meal for our children by 7AM and then read them stories, and we're out the door by 9AM.
I swear there is never a dull moment around your house! LOL.
Post a Comment