
Well, Brayden has officially graduated from preschool. It is funny, I used to think things like this were a bit silly, and silently agreed with Mr. Incredible on
The Incredibles when he argues that Dash is not graduating but merely moving 'from the fourth grade to the fifth' but as a mom, I was SO wrong. I was very excited to take the time to dress up and celebrate Brayden's hard work this year. The gradation was held in the 'sanctuary' of the church/preschool. The kids were called to the front in no particular order. All of the kids did a great job walking to the front, getting their certificates, and hugging their teachers...that is until they called Brayden's name. He sauntered to the end of the aisle and refused to go any further. Finally I got up and walked with him to the front and moved to the side while his teachers hugged him (he couldn't make himself return the gesture, but let them hug him, which is saying something ;) and gave him his certificate, all with that silly open-mouthed-side-tongue-shy look thing he does so well. It was actually a pretty cute moment, and I have to say that he did start a precedence cause there were a few other moms that made that long walk :) Afterwards we got to see some projects that they had done, some pictures they had taken, and eat ice cream. It was a fun night. It's hard to believe the next step is kindergarten! Congrats Brayden!

Brayden and his classmates
Brayden and his teacher Mrs. Craig
Brayden and his best class friend Conner
Brayden and his other teacher Mrs. Carpenter
1 comment:
Kylie does that exact same shy look too! They sure went all out with the graduation, it makes me wish that we had done more when I was at the BYU preschool. That was back before I had kids and like you said, I thought it wasn't a big deal, oh but I was wrong!
Post a Comment