Thursday, April 5, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

Oh, I love spring!! I seem to forget how much I really love this time of year until the very end of each winter, when I can't wait for it to get warm. Luckily we have had a few warm (and dry!!) days, and when they come Brayden and Audri take every opportunity to be outside. It is so nice to finally have our own little yard and patch of sidewalk. I especially love the backyard, where I can send them out without having to have my face right there. A few weeks ago, before my NJ trip actually, we spent a Saturday morning at the kids favorite park, the 'castle park'. That's not really it's name, but it's got some really cool wooden play structures that kind of look like a castle, hence the name. I took the chance to grab my camera and tortured them with picture taking until the battery flashed low. (Which I think they were quietly grateful for!) I love that they are now old enough to play together and seem (for the most part) to really love each other. It was nice to have dad pushing the swings and going down slides. Makenna also took her first swing ride, which I think she loved. I also tried out my new sling. For all of you un-hippy moms out there, it's an alternative to a baby bjorn...which I have used, and like...but my back gets tired after awhile, and it's kind of tricky to get on at first. SO I found this sling which I LOVE! I looked into them when Kenna was a littler, but didn't know if I wanted to commit to looking so...earthy. Pride aside I decided to try it. It is way comfortable, easy to put on, Kenna loves it, and it can be used in lots of different ways! Who knew?! I really liked that I could have Kenna on my hip and it just held her the way I would naturally hold her. It was also a lifesaver on the plane (though just for future reference for everyone, slings are NOT an approved airline restraint...therefore if you get an anal (can I say that?) flight attendant they WILL point that out. I chose to ignore her and NOT take Kenna out since she was asleep. I know, I am naughty, interestingly enough though, out of four flights I was only told that once hmmm...) So, after that little aside, we had a great day at the park. Here are some pics to prove it, AND if you are interested in becoming a little more earthy yourself...here's where I found the sling and would totally recommend: www.blueberriest.com













5 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a fun park! Great pictures! Look at those trees! That makes me miss Oregon so much!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

Great pics Selena! I miss the green surrounds, but I think I would much rather have the sunny weather here in Texas. Ask me in a few months though and I may have changed my mind!

Unknown said...

I have a sling like that too. Mine's from Heavenly Bundle. I like it a lot but my shoulder gets so tired... does yours?
Marne

Selena said...

my shoulder's been fine so far...she only weighs 14 pounds though ;). I try to wear it wide so it distributes a bit more evenly.

Carson Calderwood said...

Nice to see your blog. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!