It is hard to believe that Makenna knows nothing about our former Maryland life (well, if she can't drink it, chew it, or drool on it she probably doesn't care about it much anyway.) It doesn't seem like it has been that long since we left...but we've accomplished much in almost a year. I was very excited to be able to take Makenna for a quick trip East last week when we had the chance to attend the Washington DC temple with my family. We didn't get to spend many days, but it was fun to see my brother Tyler and his wife Dominique, my sister Ashley, and of course Mom and Pie. We flew into Philadelphia on Tuesday, drove to the Washington DC temple Wednesday, and flew home to Portland Thursday. Makenna did beautifully of the plane, and luckily we sat next to very nice people on each leg of our flight. I had forgotten how much I missed Maryland, and I wish that I had more time to run around the old stomping grounds. While we were at the temple, my good friends Deon and Amanda, from Hampstead drove all they way to the temple to see me and meet Makenna. It was so nice to see them, I am very lucky to have such good friends scattered across the US. After the temple we went to dinner at my favorite mall: Arundel Mills. We ate at Damon's Grill, it was pretty good! We decided to eat there because it was close to BWI airport and Ashley had to catch a flight back to Buffalo. Overall it was a quick trip, but it was so good to see family and be together for such an important occasion!

Some sister missionaries were very nice to come outside and take some pics. They seem to know the perfect spot to stand to get temple and people in the same shot...think they do that often?

Hamming it up with Tio

Cheek to Cheek with Grandma
At the visitors center with Deon and Amanda

4 comments:
Great pictures! Makenna is cracking up in each of them. So cute! I had those same feelings about Maryland when we went down for a short weekend trip. I laughed when I read you went to Arundel Mills because that was where I spent my first evening there. I missed that place! It was stake conference so we missed out on going to the old ward. Glad your trip went well! You need to come back here with a quick trip into the city with your good pal Chrissy!
why is no one coming to visit san diego? the weather here is fabulous! i'll take you to the beach! come!
What a fun trip, you are a brave woman! I'm glad McKenna was good for you on the plane, though.
makenna looks like she is having so much fun...we need to meet your cute kids soon!! let's plan a Monday and meet up...
Post a Comment