Friday, April 13, 2007

Happy Easter 2007

As sad as this may sound, I think this is one of the first Easter's where I have truly felt the spirit and the whole reason for this special holiday. I have always known that Easter is about celebrating the resurrection of the Savior and a chance for us to be thankful for the blessing of the atonement and what that means for us, but for some sad reason, this is one of the first times I have felt especially strongly about it. I think that it's probably because I somehow volunteered myself to teach in Young Women's. I am grateful I did. I put together a simple lesson about the last week of Christ's life using plastic Easter eggs. I think it turned out well, and I know that it was a great reminder for me.
So, having said that, it still didn't stop us from doing some of the more festive-y Easter things like coloring eggs, hunting eggs, and getting lots of goodies--especially candy! Brayden had an Easter egg hunt with his preschool, which, THANKFULLY the weather was excellent, one of the warmest days of the year. The kids had fun hunting hard boiled colored eggs as well as plastic ones with the good stuff in them. The teachers were smart though and put names on all of the plastic ones which prevented some of the more 'driven' kids from plowing the slower ones down. Audri had fun, but I don't think the thrill of the hunt was there for her this year. We also colored eggs, which always proves to be a fun experience, I think Jeremy likes it more than the kids. The kids stayed pretty true to colors, preferring to make them as bright as possible rather than rainbow. When they dried they had fun putting stickers all over. This was also the first year I made the kids 'coordinate' Easter attire. Man was that fun! We went with a theme of purple. I wish that I could have found matching dresses for Makenna and Audri, but I think they still turned out cute. I even found Brayden a purple dress shirt and tie. He looked pretty handsome. It was pretty funny though, because apparently, Brayden thought it was like St. Patrick's day and wanted to pinch anyone who wasn't wearing purple. I can't believe I didn't get more pictures of the kids, we seemed to rush ourselves to church (and then we sat for a good 10 minutes. Oh, well, we enjoyed listening to the choir practice :) We had dinner at Jeremy's grandma's house. It was nice to be with family this year. Easter has been one of the few holidays we haven't really spent with family because we have always been far away, so it was nice to have some place to go, as well as have some good food to eat!









No comments: