Wednesday, April 25, 2007

OMSI

Notice the title is our visit to OMSI (the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in Portland OR) and NOT to AMSE (the American Museum of Science and Energy in Tennessee)--which many of my fellow Maryland friends might recognize as the 'cheap' science center membership. Which I am still a member of, by the way...and no I don't have any plans on actually ever making it to Tennessee to visit that museum, but as it is our membership and it works even here-- GREAT! Last week we went on a field trip with Brayden's class. We spent most of our time in the kids room...which is a great room filled with lots of fun stuff for little people and it is it's only little entity with guarded doors so no child wanders off. Of course Audri and Brayden headed straight for the sand and I think that Audge probably stayed there for most of the time. Brayden played hard there too, but he also visited the water table, animal habitats, and craft room. It was nice to go with lots of other moms, even if it was slightly crazy with a billion kids running around. Wednesday seemed to be a busy day cause we spent the morning at OMSI then we had a big Mission Impossible scavenger hunt for the youth at church. The scavenger hunt was fun...we put a lot of work into it...I wish I had pics but I don't. If you're interested check out my friend Jodi's blog...she has a pic AND described the whole thing great! Look under April 18. It was a lot of fun.
Audri found some ball thinga-majigy that she was fascinated with!
Audri pushing the button to an 'x-ray' machine.
Brayden posing in a life size Eagles Nest

Makenna found a good spot. The infant nook with padded carpet and lots of new toys and no big kids allowed!

No comments: