Monday, January 18, 2010

Goals, Goals, Goals Week of 1/18

So, last week I decided to set weekly goals for myself. Today is the day of reckoning. Looking them over, I feel pretty good about my week!

These were my goals for the week of 1/11/10
  • go to the gym at least 3 times this week
  • read the Sunday School and RS lessons
  • cook at home 4 nights this week
  • NO shopping (for anything other than necessities)
  • clean the bathrooms
  • finish one of the books that I am reading
How it panned out:
  • well, I went to the gym twice. So I almost made it 3...and I still feel good about that.
  • I read the RS lesson but not the Sunday School lesson. I could have read the RS lesson a little better, but I did read it!
  • Cook at home...I did well here...I actually cooked 3 nights with a leftover night. I think the real intent of my goal was to save $ by not eating out and we didn't eat out (for dinner ;) all week-or weekend. I am very happy about that one.
  • I did NO shopping last week! I even had to make a trip to Target for some necessities and didn't buy anything that wasn't on my list.
  • I cleaned 1 of my 3 bathrooms, but in my defense I ran out of cleaner. yeah. that's it. I ran out of cleaner.
  • And lastly, I DID finish one book! A book called 'Shiver' it was some cheesy Young Adult novel about werewolves. It was ok. I don't need to read it again though.

I think I would have to call last week a success. I did accomplish some of each of my goals, and I have a head start on knowing what I need to work on this week. So, goals for this week:

Goals for the week of 1/18/10

  • Cook dinner/eat at home 4 nights this week
  • Finish cleaning my bathrooms
  • pick one room and clean thoroughly (dejunk, organize, put up and decor that's been sitting on the floor)
  • finish one book
  • vacuum upstairs and downstairs
  • go to the gym 3 times
  • read RS and Sunday School lesson
  • play with the kids more (when they ask)

Whew, ok, this list is longer than last week. We'll see. And thanks for indulging me and letting me post it here...somehow I feel like I have some accountability if I think someone else is reading this...

Hope everyone has a productive week!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

GOOOOO SELENA!!!! WOOOOOO! Great job!

Kelly said...

IMpressive~ You are sure getting ambitious. Remember you have a newborn so don't put to much pressure on yourself. But I do think weekly goals are a good thing..keeps you motivated!

Matt and Beth said...

Your goals are my goals!! Thank you for posting them. I have the same thoughts every week. Keep it up!!!

Jodi Nelson said...

I'm reading. ;o)