Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School, First Day of School

The Second Grader:
An old Pro The New Kindergartner:
Ready and Willing




The Preschooler:
Really? She's old enough for that??




Wow! Yep, three in school. Not everyone at the same time though!
Brayden is an old pro, he was happy to have most of his same class mates this year, especially his BFF Jack. So far, he has shown a knack for numbers and a boredom with letters and the written word ;) (not that he's not a good little reader, it's just not that exciting for him!) He has come a long way with his writing and has turned out some good stories about Pokemon and Bionicles.
Audri started Kindergarten! It's hard for me to believe that she's in 'real' school. She is in the afternoon and LOVES it. Her bus picks her up, right outside our house (which is HEAVENLY for me!) She has the same teacher Brayden had, and in my opinion (which is the most important one, right?) is the shining star of the class. I got to go and be with her on her first day...we learned about the play ground, where things are in the class, and met some of the other kids. I love, love, love that her class is pretty small...only about 14 kids! It's awesome! She is already writing up a storm and doing her best to read...!
Makenna. Yes, we put her in preschool, mostly just so she could go somewhere else to do all the gluing and painting she loves to do (I'm lazy...don't like to clean it up!) She is one of two girls in a class of boys, but I think she holds her own. She is the youngest in the class, since she didn't technically turn 3 until AFTER school started, but she is familiar with the teachers and the school since it is the same place that Audri and Brayden went. Her teachers love her. How could they not??? She never ceases to make them laugh and they are amazed at how 'different' (meaning not quiet and reserved) she is from the other two!
OH!OH!OH!
and My kids are so Positively AWesome that both Audri and Brayden won the honor of the award in their FIRST assembly of the year! Each class picks two people who are kind of like 'student of the month' and they get a certificate and prize at an end of the month assembly. It was a Kato sweep for the Second Grade and Kindergarten classes. I have such awesome kids, I know I am lucky!!

No comments: