Brayden's school was lucky enough to be able to go tubing on Mt. Hood as an incentive activity. It is a HUGE undertaking to take a whole elementary school (well, half the school, the whole school goes in two days). The kids have to earn their 'PAWS' awards and save them up to be able to go. Being the overprotective mom that I am, I couldn't let him go alone so I ended up chaperoning. I wasn't too keen at first, but it ended up being really fun! The kids had a blast and the weather was great. There was SO much snow. The first graders team up with a fifth grade 'buddy' class and each kid has a buddy.
Brayden's buddy, Josh, is amazing. I just wanted to hug the kid. He stuck to
Brayden like glue for the first little while, making sure he made it on the bus, helping him put on his gloves and hat, making sure he was warm and didn't get lost. It really eased my mind to see
Brayden have a 'big brother'. So, we tubed and we ate lunch, and did a little playing in the snow. It was a good day. And a shout out thanks to my friend Carrie for watching the girls...it was a long time...and she put up with them like a trooper!
Ready for his first run!

Building snow forts, these are all B's buddies from class.
Brayden and his buddy go ready to head down

Isn't he handsome?
7 comments:
Selena, I never have to "put up" with your kids! LOL! They are very entertaining! I'm glad it turned out so good.
That looks lke a lot of fun. you're a good mom for going. I noticed the pic of B was taken when all his front teeth were intact!
Yes, he is handsome! Burrr, that looks cold, but super fun!!
Exciting! I don't think my schools ever did anything that cool! What lucky ducks! Is that where we went tubing last year? That was a fun day.
I think it's super cute that Brayden had a big "brother". You always think the older kids are cooler, so what a good way for them to interact! Good job being the chaperone too! :)
i guess that I have been MIA for awhile. It seems like the kids are growing up so quick. I was just looking at pictures the other day and came across one that had Brayden and Kailey when they were only maybe 5 months old. How time flies. We sure do miss you guys.
How fun MISSY! Oh and your girls weekend sounded extraordinary :)
Happy Birthday Selena!!
Post a Comment