Friday, January 16, 2009

For All My Loyal Fans...

When we used to have ABC (dish network is having a contract dispute and dropped the network...so we don't get that channel...I don't miss it TOO much, but I am missing Scrubs and Lost, but I digress) we would sometimes watch Jeopardy! One of our favorite categories is the 'potpourri' one. A little of everything. So why not a 'potpourri' post bullet style?

  • Lately we've had a lot of potty talk in our house. Makenna (and I guess truthfully her mom too) tells ANYONE and EVERYONE that she went pee pee in the potty, or that she has on her 'Dora Unerwears' She has the mechanics down...we're just tinkering with the timing :)
  • I feel like we go through a lot of paper. The kids are always drawing, cutting, gluing, taping, or putting holes in some random piece of paper. You never know where you'll find little bits of paper and/or a whole sheet with only a tiny little flower drawn on it. My favorite is when Audri cuts up something, then draws something and then folds it into some weird shape and tapes every possible surface, only to tell you it's a present and you need to 'open it'--it's kind of hard to do without destroying it!
  • I kinda went a little online shopping crazy this Christmas, and after. Don't worry, I'm detoxing and I am not even expecting any packages right now! Poor UPS, FEDEX and USPS.
  • Makenna thinks that if you have a hello kitty band aid on (cause usually those are the only ones I can find around) it means that Princess (grandma and grandpa kato's new kitten) bit you. Never mind that we haven't seen Princess in awhile, that still MUST be the reason you have a band aid on.
  • Speaking of Princess...my in laws humored the kids and let them name their new cat. It was a girl so Audri chose 'Princess' Brayden not to be outdone chose 'Smiledon' (some kind of dinosaur) So, grandpa and grandma are now the proud owners of 'Princess Smiledon' I like to think of her as 'PS'
  • Alka Seltzer tastes nasty, BUT I think the drug effects might be worth it.
  • Brayden is going to venture into the world of indoor soccer. We'll keep you posted.
  • I've seen more movies in the last three months than probably ever in my married life. I've seen: The Secret life of Bees, Bolt, The Tale Of Despereaux, Twilight (I've seen that one twice), Bedtime Stories, and Bride Wars, and there are actually more that I am looking forward to seeing...
  • Audri has slept more nights on the floor in her princess pump up bed this year that in her real bed.
  • Jeremy is addicted to his itouch. This from the person who said 'yeah, I guess if I had one of those I MIGHT use it'
  • I have to give a talk this Sunday and I haven't started it yet. I've known about it since the middle of December. Whoa...I was hoping procrastination was something you grew out of.

Sooo....on that note, I guess I have something productive I should think about doing! hope you enjoyed my randomness.

4 comments:

s g said...

I did enjoy your potpourri of randomness. wow, makenna potty-trained?? or getting there...that is nice. I have a RS lesson to prepare for that I am putting off and blog-surfing instead...I am heading to do it right now.

hey, does jeremy still have monday's off? we REALLY need to get together...really.

Carrie said...

K I finally got a minute to read! Good job Selena! I'm proud of you for posting! LOL!

Kelly said...

I enjoyed the potporri do you really watch Jeporady? I hope your talk went good wish I could of heard it.

TD Quong said...

I like when blogs let you comment and it doesn't take you to a new page but does a pop-up--then I can still see your post and comment on everything I wanted to and not forget. PS-is that something you control or did it just happen that way? I want mine that way.
Again, I wish you good luck with potty training. Hopefully the timing will catch on.
I saw a picture of a penguin that Audri had created. She's very imaginitive. I think it's funny that a kid will need a new piece of paper after just drawing one little line on it.
That was really nice of Jeremy's parents to have a cat named Princess Smiledon.... That is quite a name.
Yeah, Tyler and I cannot at all empathize with Jeremy and his itouch....we don't understand the addiction to ianything. ;)
I want to know what you thought of the movies you saw--especially the ones with books attached. Of course the books are always better, so I want to know your opinion of how they compared!
I liked the random potpourri! Just keep those posts coming! ;)