2008 sure went out with a bang! J and I are beginning to feel like severe weather follows us wherever we go. 'Arctic Blast 2008' will definitely go down in the history books. I felt kind of short changed with Christmas festivities since school was cancelled for the whole week before Christmas break, Christmas lights at the zoo and PIR were out of the question, heck, it was an adventure if you could just get out of your driveway! We got probably about 20 inches in a matter of a couple of days...which I know seems like a lot but not THAT much-factor in the 1/2 inch of sheer ice that froze ontop of the snow halfway through, that Clackamas County owns a total of 3 snow plows, AND that any way to get to or from our house involves a big HILL and you've got some good times! No mail for a week and no garbage pick up for two! I've never been one to actually be scared of driving in snow (I don't love to do it, but it's not bad...I did grow up in UT) but this was a whole nother story! I am so glad that Jeremy was able to stay home so that we could actually get out a bit. I am also SO VERY glad that my sister was able to be with us and she was able to come and go safely. It was so nice to have her here, and really it made being cooped up in the house more enjoyable. (and please no comments on how my blog should not have been so poorly neglected since apparently I had a lot of time on my hands...I know, and I feel bad about it :)
Miss A insisted I take this pic...and I don't think she's even seen a Christmas Story.
Poor J shoveled that big huge mound of snow...the poor bushes that were underneath!
Miss A is sitting on TOP of the ice and Mr. B has stomped through. It was so weird, like a frozen ice rink in the backyard.
The shovel. J's best friend.
6 comments:
Your kids (my nieces and nephew lol) are so dang cute! I'm glad we made it all through...only to wake up to two more inches this morning! CRAZY!
Okay, I thought our snow was bad, but that ice on the car is definitely worse than anything we had up here! We did have the drifts against our doors though, and terrible road conditions. Fun to see your happy kids!
The ice looks miserable. I don't know how one can survive with two weeks of trash filling up. Yuck!
Yeah for the new post!!! It is ridiculous how the county pretty much shuts down when it snows!
Can you believe all the snow we got? What fun, but also what craziness!
HOLY COW! I heard it was bad, but the pictures really showed how bad it was! Ick! That's so miserable...I really thought we were having it tough in UT but apparently not. I'm glad you survived. Hopefully the bushes will survive too!
Post a Comment