Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Do I Need to Repent?

So, last night as we were eating dinner Makenna was making a fuss about eating her dinner.

I admit it. I told her the pieces of carrots in her curry were M&M's.

She believed it.

And ate the whole thing.

She also asked for Jeremy's 'M&Ms' out of his bowl.

So, now is this considered a lie? or one of those 'good' lies?

9 comments:

s g said...

I think this is a perfect lie, I wish it would work on my kids, char spit out in disgust the homemade potato soup I made tonight...enough already!

Mandy said...

Hey,if it got her to eat cooked carrots it's a good lie. My kids don't like cooked carrots, anything to get kiddos to eat veggies is O.K. by me :)

Chuck Gates said...

Whatever it is, it's HILARIOUS!

Kelly said...

Yes, you do need to repent I would never lie to my kids...like to tell them the rasins in cookies are chocolate chips. Or that Santa is real or that the deacons won't bring them the sacrament if their not quiet.

Seth said...

Marvelous Mini carrots. M&Ms. Where's the lie? Justification is my speciality.

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Love it! Once Colby was LYING to me FOR REALS and I told him that parents are blessed with certain powers and one of those is that when I need to know, the words "a lie" or "the truth" will pass across his eyes. Before I could "run the test" he fessed up.

Yeah, lying is one of the greatest parts of being a parent!

Janette said...

You can put M&M's in my curry any day!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

Hey whatever helps. One day she too will put "M&M's" in her kids food. I remember one time my mom tried to feed us tofu hotdogs and tried to pass them off as regular ones. It didn't work as well as your "M&M" one though.

emily said...

that's too funny.