Sunday, October 12, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

So, I've had requests to keep the kid quotes coming. I'm not very good at writing them all down, but if there ever is a really good one that comes flying out of one of the kids' mouths I usually will text it to Jeremy. So, from the archives of his phone, here it goes:

Audri yelling after watching Sleeping Beauty. After the dragon is killed (it was a very tense moment): 'HA! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!'

Audri: 'don't do that anymore! when you squeeze-ed(the ed, is a separate syllable) me you almost popped out my arm. It really hurt-ed" (after I gave her a good morning, non violent hug)

Brayden: 'what if we had a TV in our bathroom? then if we were going to poop we could just turn on the fan, turn on the TV and then go poop...yeah, that'd be cool!' (a typical man already?)

Audri after spilling applesauce on her shirt: 'I forgot-ed where my mouth was, so I poured it on my sleeve'

Audri: 'you want to be invited to dinner?'
Me: 'Sure, what did you make?'
Audri: 'Animal chicken. It's really good'

Audri singing the little mermaid: 'flippin your fins you don't get to FART!'

Brayden to his transformers: 'See you guys when I get home...*kiss* *kiss*'

A conversations Audri had with herself of the potty: 'I really am a girl because I have a pink bubba and I like princesses.'

Audri: 'did you know what I had a dream about...Oh! what's that white stuff, oh I forgot, snow!'

Audri after getting Makenna up from her nap: 'Why are you taking my pet out of her cage?'

Audri: 'I need a candle for my fart! But I said scuse me! scuse me! scuse me!' (the candle to mask the smell, not for any other reason!)

Audri's version of the Three Little Pigs: 'The big bad wolf came and said 'knock knock who's there? Let me in. I can huff and I can huff, and I can huff really bad...' but the piggies didn't hear cause they were vacuuming. The end'

A bathtime conversation with Audri:
Me: 'ok, get out before you turn into a prune'
Aduri: 'but I don't want to'
Me: ' if you get out you can see pictures on the computer'
Audri: 'Uh, ok. Good thing I didn't turn into an apple or something. I'm still Audri Mei.'

Wow, Audri seems to be full of them. We should have our own sitcom!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

thank you selena, that was way funny, I look forward to Makenna adding her own thoughtful insights to the Kato home!

Nicole said...

lol :) oh i miss your kids, they are hilarious. if you guys had a sitcom, i'd totally watch it.

ashley said...

ps... good thing i was all by myself when i was reading these... i laughed out loud! So glad i get to spend a couple weeks with you guys!

Liz said...

You're kids are hysterical! :) You really oughta see about getting Audri on "Kids say the darndest things"....! LOL

Carrie said...

Yay for Kahto-isms (haha KAAAHTO) I'm so glad you put them on here!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

that is funny. i love the things kids say. alyssa does the same thing with the "ed" at the end of everything. my favorite one though has to be the little mermaid one. that is hilarious!

Chrissy said...

These are funny. I need to be better at writing them down!

TD Quong said...

That was hilarious!! I loved every single bit, and to explain the giggles coming from my cubicle, I shared it with my co-worker who is also laughing out loud. I love these children. lol