Monday, September 22, 2008

Memory Tag

Got this from my friend Erika's blog.

Could be kinda fun or kinda embarrassing (especially if no one responds!)...

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

17 comments:

ashley said...

So I remember this one time... that I had brand new cans of playdoh... and I loved that playdoh. There was yellow and blue...and white. And i had them all lined up nice and cylindrical. and you came by and SQUASHED THEM. and i punched you. the end.

Carrie said...

Wow...now that's sister love. LOL! Selena...remember that time when we had the primary program and we said that the kids did great and talked about it a little bit. Ya, that was great. OH wait...that was two DAYS ago. Hmmm...remember that time when we were texting about going to McD's with Nicole? And we decided to leave at 10:30 and you would come pick me up? That was great.

Selena said...

good thing I have sisters to comment here...even if one can only remember something from 20 years ago and the other remembers from20 minutes ago... love you girls!

ashley said...

so i'm still waiting for your memory of me here... tick tock!

Emily Norby said...

Oh, Selena. Rewind to BYU days.

So there was one year in particular that I seemed to arrive at campus right behind you and Jeremy. A lot. I didn't even know who you guys were then, but you would make it to the top of that big hill south of campus just about the time I reached the top of the stairs (also south of campus). You and Jeremy were always holding hands, and never out of breath. Whereas I always made it to the top of the stairs alone and practically suffocating.

And then there was English for El Edd, and our American Heritage lab, where I finally got to meet the girl who traversed the big hill with such ease.

I was pleasantly surprised to become reacquainted when I saw you at that breakfast thing in Baltimore for new dental students. You were holding a very tiny Brayden and sitting by the window.

Oh, how life has changed!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

OK Miss Selena, besides the many hours of giggling and having conversations that MADE SENSE cuz we think mucho the same-o, I can remember my MIL meeting you (we were both very pregnant) and she JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE that we were the same pregnancy wise 'cuz "Erika, you're so big and she's so little!!..."

And there was the di-cutting, Remember when you and Missy came over and kama-kazi helped me?

And I can remember visiting you in the hospital. Brayden was born and come to find out I had Dallin about 12 hours later. You're always the last person I'd see before having a child.

Anonymous said...

alright ... in elementary school we would walk to each others homes to play together but we wouldn't take the "long way" we always took the short cut, right through the Wards empty lot. One time Christopher Ward came out and yelled at us for trespassing. It sounds like a dumb story but you have to remember that Christopher was super super shy only a year older than us and he was taking on this big important adult role and yelling at us for trespassing ... it didn't stop us though, we still cut through his yard every single day.

also ... when I called you in the hospital after you had given birth to Brayden but I hadn't gotten your message and didn't know you had given birth yet. I was trying to find out if Erika had given birth to Dallin and I didn't want to call her AGAIN and ask the same questions over and over. So it appeared really insensitive of me that I hadn't called and congratulated you and Jeremy. You just laughed at me because ... I'm a dork and we've been friends for forever and we totally don't keep in touch with each other except thru blogging and it's totally my fault and you still like me.

Selena said...

I'm lauging in my chair as I sit:) This is fun, oh, the memories.

Ashley-Ann: I remember this one time when we were driving through Salt Lake and I'm not even sure what we were betting on but I was supposed the ante was a Nut Sundae from 7-11. I lost. and never bought you your sundae. But I still love you!

Carrie: So I um remember this one time that you and I went to Mcdonalds. Yeah. That was great!

Emily! your post made me smile. I had no idea you had to suffer watching me and Jeremy huff that hill. I'm sure you just could see the strain on my face cause you weren't close enough yet :) I remember sitting in our English for El Ed class and working on Research papers...and then how happy and surprised I was to find you my buddy in MD! And how in awe I was when I found out you were a young dental student called as RS president in a regular family ward!

Erika: You had to bring up the die cutting!!!

Missy: Did you know I ripped my shirt once when we were climbing the Ward's fence? Oh, those were the days. I totally forgot about you calling me in the hospital...that was hilarious! What I remember abt you is wanting to spend the night at your house, but my mom hadn't met your mom and your mom wouldn't let you until she met my mom so we made my mom drive to your house (in the back of that little blue truck) just so they could meet! And who would have thought that 7 years later before I moved to NJ I would be spending the night at your house again and I would get trapped in your sheets! And of course I still like you, I'm the one who emails you and then never responds after you respond...some friend!!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

HEY! I just got a tiny ONE liner!!

Nicole said...

okay, i was trying to think back of one of the first times i talked to you, i think it was in relief society. you just had makenna and i was pregnant with ethan. i asked, "so how much sleep do you really get when you have a baby?" and you replied, "oh don't worry about it, it's too late for you anyways."

Mrs. Godfrey said...

I remember the first time we hung out in Maryland at your place in Morningside Heights (?) and you found out I had never been to Ikea. You and Jeremy almost took me RIGHT THEN and there to help me see the light.

I don't think we ever made it to IKEA together, but I have seen the light. Amen.

Unknown said...

So I remember this one time that I heard you screaming in pain and when I came out to see what you had put the attic latter on your foot and then stepped down on it with your other foot. Smashing your own foot! HAHA its pretty funny now.

Unknown said...

Oh and if i remember Ashley didn't just punch you, she got you right in the nose!

Kelly said...

THe first thing that popped in my head was just a couple days ago when you hollered my name at the soccer field to say hi, it'd been a typical crazy morning trying to get out of the house with four kids and I was stressed but you put a smile on my face and made me feel special!

Carter Family said...

So, this one time I moved clear across the country when I was like 8 months pregnant. I didn't know anyone and hadn't had a lot of time to prepare for a new baby and guess who I happened to meet? This lovely lady named Selena Kato, who was nice enough to show me around, introduce me to her friends, and even though she didn't know me, she threw me a baby shower. Thanks for for that, you have know idea how grateful I was for you :)

Amy

Deon said...

Hmm.... how can I embarrass you? Memories...memories.... I am old and don't remember anything! Ha ha. I just remember my dear friend who was an awesome RS secretary with great counseling skills as well. OH, and meeting in SLC last summer before Elder T left was pretty great. And, I don't think I will do this on my blog.... lol.

ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.