We spent three days at the beach. 17 of us in one beach house...the house was perfect though, with plenty of room for everyone (Jeremy and I even got the king sized bed!) We were right across the street from the a little private beach that was perfect for playing in the water, building in the sand, flying kites and having bonfires. Just so you don't think we're crazy, Oregon beaches are not like other beaches. You do not come to the beach to slather yourself in tanning oil and nap in the sun. Oregon beaches are perfect for collecting shells and flying kites. And though it wasn't WARM, the weather was pretty much perfect! It only sprinkled a little, and the kids thought the weather was fine for bathing suites (with a jacket on top, of course). Makenna loved flying the little kites we brought. She did a good job holding on! We also rented a 9 person bike to cruise around town on...I didn't get any pictures of that, I'll have to steal some from Kanae! We ate at Pig'n Pancake. Jeremy and I sat at the kid table, and I was impressed that everyone at our table cleaned their plates! That was 20 sand dollar pancakes, a spaghetti dinner, a corn dog, a chicken fingers dinner, and a Hawaiian chicken sandwich-and the kids were so quiet! We also got to walk the 'boardwalk' and visited the candyman where you can get just about any flavor of salt water taffy. You get a free piece for spinning the wheel...unless you land on a number, then you get your name on the wall of fame and a different prize. Of course Brayden won. He won a pina colada candy stick...and he was pretty proud of himself. So, we had fun relaxing, making smores, playing and hanging out. Thanks for the fun vacation Grandma and Grandpa Kato!
5 comments:
Ooh, that looks chilly! I don't think I'd want to wear my swimsuit in that weather.... But kids are tough! What a fun trip--a beach house just sounds dreamy and like something out of the movies. We need to come visit you guys!
PS-I vote Audri's toes! ;)
Addicted, huh? Well maybe...blogging is pretty fun, and I've already started thinking about stuff I can post, lol. Thanks for your help btw. I'm still getting used to everything, but I'm pretty satisfied with my blog now. Thanks for making comments--I didn't realize how fun it is to get them! I promise I will be better about making comments from now on!
Very very fun! We do that beach trip every year...always gets more and more interesting as the family grows...and more kids get added to the mix...we've been stuffing them into rooms and throwing down sleeping bags onto the floor... Good job gettin' a king size bed tho - I'm impressed! ;0)
I was born in Oregon, and lived there till I was 5. I have many pictures of myself at your kids age with ski coats and rain jackets at the beach. Fun memories!
P.S. I loved your memories of me comments, Yes the Halloween parties at the Brownings were always fun! Goos ol Betsy:)
Man those west coast beaches look cold. At least you go though. We have warm beaches is GA but have yet to take advantage of them.
Bryce
Post a Comment