Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Jeremy!

Once upon a time, Jeremy had a nice guitar. Then he met the girl of his dreams, and traded that guitar in for a sparkly ring to make her his forever. Fast Forward 9 years and I have finally gotten around to replacing that nice guitar! We celebrated Jeremy's birthday Sunday with a bbq in the backyard and a little family party. Jeremy picked out his big birthday present on Saturday and got a nice acoustic/electric guitar from guitar center (which the kids have deemed as 'the coolest place ever'). It's crazy to think that we've celebrated eight birthdays together (actually more than that, but 8 married ones) I am so thankful that Jeremy is such a good husband and dad, I am so lucky to have him taking care of us. Happy Birthday Honey!

Funny card huh? Leave it to his parents to find the dental related card :)

(in case you can't read it the gold teeth say 'happy birthday')

yummm...outback!

his haul. Yes those are lightbulbs...but when you get a guitar as your main gift, I wanted to make sure he actually had presents to open! And his is very energy conscious...so the 'green' light bulbs worked!

6 comments:

Deon said...

Gosh- are you as old as DIRT now??? Ha ha -- Happy bday, we love ya!

Carrie said...

oooooooooooOOOOOOOooooooo! Light bulbs!!! LOL! GREAT job on the Activity Day girl's Mother's Day gifts! I LOVE THEM! You should show them on your blog. :) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Anonymous said...

So I want to see a picture of Jeremy Rockin' out with the guitar!! Happy Birthday!

foreveryoung said...

That guitar story is great! I think it was a pretty good trade :)Does he still remember how to play?

emily said...

so that's why he was so good at guitar hero... or whatever that game is! good trade.

Carrie said...

Ummmm Selena? MORE PLEASE!!! :)