Sunday, August 12, 2007

Lazy Summer Days

I have so many pictures, and need to catch up! We have been taking advantage of the lazy summer days to not do too much! We took the kids to the Family Fun Center a few Saturdays ago to use their free coupons for mini golf that they got from the library. We had fun golfing (or watching Audri and Brayden golf, really) Brayden does really well and seems to have his dad's knack for patience and steadiness when it comes to hitting a golf ball. Audri seems to have taken more after me, she hits it once, twice, ten times till it gets in that darn hole! They had a good time watching the other kids and when we were done we had a late afternoon breakfast at Shari's (a local diner place kinda like Denny's) The kids LOVE funny face pancakes. I think Audri finished her whole plate cause she was 'huuuunnnngggwwwyyy' (you really have to hear her say it, it's SO funny!) We have also gone to the zoo (which I will post pics under a separate post cause there are way too many good ones) and played on the slip and slide. Brayden was all for it at first, then he noticed the little blades of grass sticking to his feet and the little leaves on the slide and he couldn't make himself do it anymore. Audri loved it and Makenna liked playing at the end in the little splash pool...until I bowled her over with Audri. I was pulling Audri down the slide and letting her go, well, I didn't realize how far she would fly! She knocked poor Kenna right over! It was kind of funny, and Kenna did get over it and played happily once again, but yeah, I felt bad (after I was done laughing, I know I am a bad mom!)




8 comments:

Marisa said...

Those are great pictures Selena! Especially the first one of Makenna, so bright and crisp!

jodi said...

Slip and Slide. I LOVE those. I totally remember those from when I was a kid. Too fun.

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how big Makenna is. She is growing up so quick, just like the rest of them.

s g said...

so fun...lewis would love to do the mini-golf. too bad he has been afraid of water all summer..oh well!

emily said...

i don't think i quite believe that is Makenna!!! she is supposed to be a tiny baby still! she's growing into a little girl! great pictures.

foreveryoung said...

What a fun family outing! I'm jealous that you can actually go outside and enjoy that nice summer weather! Those slip and slide pictures are great.

KatieB said...

great pictures. you have the cutest kids!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

How can you NOT take a perfect picture with the cute little models you have?! I wanted to privately respond to your comment, but I can't find your latest email address!! What is it?
Love,
Erika