Today turned out to be much more of an adventure than we expected. Since Selena is out of town we decided to go to the beach. It's only a 2 hour drive and the kids get a real kick out of it. We went to Tillamook (which you cheese lovers will recognize as one of the best brands on earth) to visit the cheese factory and get some Oregon strawberry, brown cow, and Tillamook mudslide ice cream. We also picked up some "squeaky cheese". Then we went to the beach about 15 minutes up hwy 101. It was a beautiful Oregon beach day which means you wear a sweatshirt or jacket due to the wind but take your shoes off to feel the warm sand. Audri got carried away and also took off her pants, but since we were the only crazy people on the beach, I guess we can let it slide.
Have you ever seen those sandpiper birds that skitter across the sand moving their legs really fast but their bodies don't move up and down at all? If not, just find a 5 year-old and put him on the beach and you'll get the idea.
So we made "snow angels", flew my stunt kite, ate lunch, dug in the sand, and collected every bit of seashell within twelve acres before calling it quits. They had "way too much fun" according to Brayden, but it must not have been too traumatic because they stayed awake the whole ride home and even made a side trip to a waterfall.
So enjoy the pics. Selena will be so glad I learned how to post for myself.
7 comments:
Oh, I am so proud!! Don't worry I won't expect it too often ;) I wish I could have been there. Makenna and I miss you guys! Good job with the pics and side trip to the water fall (and all experiences that took place there) You are a good dad!! love you.
Wow, what a Dad! Very impressive! I LOVE squeaky cheese!
boo! we want nerdy dental stuff!
Ahh Tillamook Cheese and Oregon Strawberry ice cream. Great job with the outing! Very impressive!
More dental nerd stuff is now posted!!!
I love the Tillamook cheese factory!! My sister lived in Oregon & I think we went every time we visited them. My dad loved the ice cream :)
What a good dad! It sounds like the kids had way to much fun while mom was away. Can't wai t to see you guys in a few weeks!
Post a Comment