Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ian Had a Birthday Shout Hooray!

Ok I am having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that my little Ian is 1! I can't believe that one year ago he we had a little baby in our house.


Now we have moved on to the fun, smiley, active, and handsome little guy we call Mr. Ian or Ian-Boy. He is such a joy to have in our family. He fits right in and is so patient as we drag him from soccer, to carpooling, to meetings, or dance. He LOVES balls. He LOVES cars. He LOVES music. We are so lucky to have him in our family! We had a small family party to celebrate Ian. The other kids were more excited than he was ;)

We started out with a birthday dinner of spaghetti.
This is Ian's first spaghetti. He liked it. A lot.

Then it was PRESENT TiMe!!!


Presents. He liked them. Mostly the paper, but he has had fun playing with his cars, blocks, and balls since!


Ian was lucky to have lots of helpers on hand for when he got bored of opening presents.


Makenna can't let Ian have ALL the attention...

Then it was CAKE TiMe!!!
(ok...so I'm not a cake artist. But we had fun with it anyway. Had to keep up the cupcake sculpture theme...Audri had a caterpillar and Makenna had flowers...)


At first he wasn't too sure. Even tried to throw it off the high chair...but I put a piece of cake in his mouth, and the rest as they say, is history.

I really should have taken piece of cake off his face. It looks like it's either going up or coming out of his nose. It was funny tho so we left it. We couldn't help ourselves.

Anyway, he loved his cake and made a great mess. We cleaned him up and played with his new toys the rest of the night. Oh, and did I mention he also took his FIRST 4 STEPS!!! Won't be long now!

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Ian BOY!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I am laughing SO HARD right now at that last picture!!!! ROFLMBO!!!!! (p.s. you never had a little baby in your home HAHA)

Carrie said...

And he has a conveniently placed chocolate smudge that gives the appearance of baby cleavage!!!!

Melissa said...

He is so stinkin cute!! I can't believe a year either. Seems like just the other day we came to visit in the hospital. Happy Birthday Ian!!

Kelly said...

He has a drool hanging off his face in that last picture it is awesome. I hope you know by now how totally and madly in love I am with your little boy. I'm glad he had a good birthday and I'm glad you had him because he always makes me soooo happy!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

good thing you have a easy clean cover on that high chair, what a sweet mess! Happy birthday little boy :-)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! Love the football cake -looks like he loved it too!