Now here is a kid that gets taller by the day. He is so lean and lanky...you can see every bone in his body...and I swear I feed him! Brayden is loving kindergarten and finally starting to come out of his shell a bit. He seems to be quite the ladies man there, and has even come off the bus with a phone number and map to a girls house (not that the numbers were in any order I could follow, or the map was more than a straight line, but to him it meant something). He is still in love with anything Transformers, Spiderman, and Dinosaurs. He is amazing me with his reading. He knows a lot of sight words and is really good at reading using pictures. He read me a whole simple pre-level 1 book yesterday at Barenes and Noble. I love to see him get excited about words and reading. He is still a little worried about making mistakes, but we are working on it. He also started Spring Soccer. His practices will start twice a week next week with his first 'game' on Saturday April 12th. He loves to run--though we do need to help him really run after the ball or the other kids, it doesn't matter to us(he is quite content to lag behind and skip or gallop...which is fine, mind you, but I'm afraid he's going to trip one of these times!) His coaches seem really nice, and he looks so cute in his uniform! He is a master of the Wii and has conquered many galaxies with Jeremy on Mario Galaxy. It is so funny when he starts telling me something about the game, cause it's one of the few times he gets really excited and animated about what he's talking about. We love to read Magic Treehouse books together...and his is so good at keeping up with the plot, even when it is a few days in between readings. He is ever the boy that loves to take things apart, change batteries, and put things together. He has become quite the master of the 100 piece puzzle. It is amazing to watch this boy at work!
Showing off his Easter egg, and the pink tie I bribed him into wearing.
4 comments:
WOW! He has gotten so big since I last saw him. He really looks like Jeremy.
i'm sure it was his amazing preschool teachers that started all those excellent reading skills!
Seriously, your kids are SO cute! I LOVE that picture of Audri with the blue and brown shirt and such an adorable look on her face! I didn't know Brayden's middle name was Scott, so is Beckham's. What you wrote about their personalities reminded me so much of my 3, in the same order.
Selena,
Just saw your blog on a link from Missy's. Cute family. Thought I'd say Hi.
Ty Loveless
Post a Comment