Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Great Great Grandpa!

Five Generations of Barkers: Jeremy, Suzanne (Grandma), Makenna, Great Grandpa Jesse, Mam (Jeremy's Grandma), Audri, and Brayden

On Saturday we had the chance to visit Jeremy's Great Grandpa Barker and attend a little 99th birthday party. Great Grandpa (Great Great Grandpa to Brayden Audri and Makenna) lives in an assisted living home so we celebrated with his fellow housemates, home teachers, caregivers, Jeremy's mom and Mam (Jeremy's Grandma). Great Grandpa doesn't really know many people anymore, can't really tell where he's at or whose around, but that doesn't stop him from being witty. He's got a comeback for everything. He was especially enamoured by Makenna as she was walking around he would just watch her, and say she's such a 'sweetheart'. He also serenaded her...sang 'let me call you sweetheart' the whole song. It was very sweet and I wish we would have had a video camera. As it is, I brought my camera...but the battery died as soon as I turned it on so I was reduced to my camera phone.
Happy 99th Birthday Great-Great Grandpa!

3 comments:

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Yeah, my battery died taking my friend's FAMILY PORTRAITS! I should have busted out my phone and taken a picture with it. That'd've been REAL funny (for me anyways.)

In response to your comment. It's all about intimidation. If you're not getting comments, it's cuz people are too shy. At least that's what I tell myself. It's what I convinced myself of at BYU. "Guys don't ask me out cuz I INTIMIDATE them." I apparently intimidated all of BYU for about 5 years. He! He!

s g said...

wow...5 generations!! That is really cool..we need to see you guys soon..congrats on the purchase of the practice, we need to take that plunge here soon as well!! does Jeremy still have Mondays off? Char is no longer taking the morning nap and we have more free time..yeah, we could meet at the children's museum or something...we will call you!!

Nanci said...

What a sweet man. It is funny that he still has "it" with his sense of humor and all.